Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Database Administrator (DBA)
at A1 Placement
A1 Placement is working with one of Augusta’s top tech companies to fill multiple IT positions. Here, we are searching for a Junior DBA to be responsible for providing maintenance support for various databases in multiple environments, applying database patches, creating data updates, supporting the deployment of critical database scripts and providing support regarding any database issues, updates, or programs as required.
In this role, you will continually assess, improve, and optimize their current database environment. In addition:
- Provide support to software development teams.
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
- Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
- Assist DBA team to complete the entire software development life cycle
- Monitor systems, maintain and ensure availability for multiple development, test and production environments
- Supporting upgrading and patching of Oracle database and related software
- Provide RMAN backup and recovery support and make recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements to the enterprise databases
- Review daily database and system logs.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Stay current on vendors’ best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Limited travel
- After hours support
What You’ll Need:
- Experience with Oracle 12c required, experience with SQL Server a plus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical, written, and communication skills
What We Want:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Oracle Database 12c DBA or similar certifications a plus