Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Genetics Technologist I
at EAG Laboratories
EGL Genetics Laboratory is owned by Eurofins and is one of the leading diagnostic genetic laboratories in North America. EGL, with three comprehensive laboratories providing cytogenetic, biochemical, and molecular genetic testing, has been a worldwide leader in comprehensive genetic diagnostic testing for more than 35 years. EGL has extensive expertise in genetic testing for rare diseases, metabolic diseases, autism, intellectual disabilities, and congenital disorders of glycosylation.
EGL Genetic Diagnostics, LLC is searching for an individual to join the Biochemical Genetics Laboratory as a Clinical Genetics Technologist I in Tucker, GA .
Clinical Genetics Technologist I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Under direct supervision, performs processing of clinical samples and laboratory testing procedures of high complexity
· Records, analyzes and summarizes the results of the laboratory tests to aid in making appropriate decisions regarding continue testing or diagnosis
· Prepares reagents and specimens for analysis according to diagnostic laboratory procedures
· Maintains, troubleshoots, and performs minor repairs on laboratory equipment
· Understands and complies with EHSO, OSHA and EGL Biosafety, Chemical safety and Radiation safety procedures and regulations
· Documents quality control and non-conforming events
· Recognizes causes of non-conforming event and presents routine solutions
· Maintains current technical knowledge and skills as defined in EGL policies
· Acts in a professional manner when interacting with patients, visitors, and other EGL and University staff
· Adheres to administrative policies including, but not not limited to: attendance, dress code, and required training
· Performs related responsibilities, as required.
· Performs on-call responsibilities for after-hour, weekend, and holidays, as needed (NOTE: technologist-in-training may not perform analytical testing without on-site supervision)