Agnes Scott College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Agnes Scott College
- Office of the President
- Decatur, GA, USA
- Part Time
Office: Office of the President
Reports to: Associate Vice President and Secretary of the Board
Work Period: Temporary/Part-time
Hours: Part-time Temporary
GENERAL SUMMARY: Prepares speeches and written communications for the president of the college within the guidelines of federal, state, and local laws and office division and college policies and procedures. Reports to the associate vice president and secretary of the Board or other designated person and works with president, co-workers, staff, faculty, students, alumnae, and external parties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Writes and/or edits speeches, lectures, talking points and presentations for the president of the college.
- Writes and/or edits e-communications (internal and external) and correspondence from the president.
- Writes and/or edits other written communications such as articles, op-eds, annual reports, etc. for the president.
- Writes and/or edits web content for the Office of the President and may assist with social media postings.
Education:<BA/BS in related occupational field of study.
Experience: 5 years in similar position or sufficient experience in speech writing to perform principal duties and responsibilities
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent use of the English language and grammar.
- Knowledge of current trends and issues in higher education; knowledge of Agnes Scott a plus.
- Research and critical thinking skills.
- Understanding of audiences and subject matter sensitivity.
- Ability to capture the president's voice.
- Familiarity with speech delivery and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated track record of fact checking, proofreading and paying attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, moving of light objects. Work is performed in an office.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Please apply online. Position is posted until filled. Due to the overwhelming response to the college's staff openings we are unable to respond personally to individual telephone inquiries. No faxed submissions please.
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information, gender identity and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to apply.