Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Assistant/Office Manager
at Alzheimer's Association
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
Summary: This is a high pressure position requiring exceptional self-management capability, flexibility, strong interpersonal skills, and discretion (confidentiality). This role has three main components: Executive Director Support, Office Management, and IT Support, as described more fully, below.
Executive Director Support
- Provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with the executive director and maintain calendar and schedules, including travel, conferences, appointments, correspondence, etc.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the office of the executive director; serves as liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management; able to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Compose and prepare correspondence that is often confidential and/or sensitive.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Prepare expense reports via Concur system, agendas, record minutes for distribution to staff, prepare agendas for various leadership meetings.
- Manage the Office Coordinator as direct supervisor.
- Assist Regional HR Manager on local level and update HR files as employees are hired or departing.
- Read and analyze submissions, letters, agendas, memos and determine significance; routing to appropriate personnel in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide administrative expertise support to regional offices and accountable for all office leases and any office moves.
- Accounts Receivable point of contact; ensure all incoming checks for the chapter are deposited to bank account within 48 hours.
IT Support Point of Contact
- Order and maintain equipment, computers, desk phones and IT supplies as need for the chapter and manage set up and training for all employees on communications systems and equipment.
- Handle any IT issue or question within the chapter offices and work with National IT to resolve.
- Take lead on training staff on new software and hardware and troubleshooting any issues.
- Administrator chapter phone / internet system (8x8).
- This is a high pressure position requiring exceptional self-management capability, flexibility, strong interpersonal skills, and discretion (confidentiality). Occasional travel and weekend work is required.
- Three to five years’ experience in providing executive support or executive assistance.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Effective supervision skills with the ability to recognize and correct performance.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Preferred experience in accounting, payroll, or finance.
- Strong organizational skills to plan, implement, and administer meetings and other gatherings that occur in and away from the office if necessary.
- Manage the maintenance and continuous improvement of office operating processes.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse volunteers, staff, and external contacts and clients.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is a must, specifically Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- A willingness to work after-hours and weekend events, especially during our Walk to End Alzheimer’s season and at other major fundraising or programs events.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!