Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Project Manager
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Project Management
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Field Project Manager (FPM) to join our team in Kennesaw, GA. As an FPM, you will travel to various client sites and lead field team activities to execute projects based on the specific scope and schedule. Be the on-site point of contact for clients and facilitate safety requirements and the various project needs including building assessment scheduling, collection of data, completing daily reports, and input of information into the project database, as well as understanding the quality assurance component of the job. Being able to evaluate and solve unforeseen field issues based on changing conditions is an essential part of the role.
- 5-10 years’ experience in facility project management and maintenance including small and large projects
- Knowledge of various systems such as roofing, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical
- Preparation of pre-mobilization
- Communication and management with team members on project assignment
- Perform assessments to meet contract requirements
- Ability to efficiently use a field tablet computer
- Great attention to detail
- Prepare field reports and input data into the project database
- General project coordination – scheduling inspections with contractor and owners and handling of unforeseen field conditions
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work efficiently to meet project milestones
- Must work well with team members, have a positive customer service attitude, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Perform related duties as may be necessary to support the needs of the business
- Responsible for field safety compliance including tailgate safety meetings and PPE
- Perform standard administrative tasks, such as timesheets and expense reports for yourself and reviewing for others.
- May be asked to prepare proposals in response to requests for proposals and statements of qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and capable of passing a background check
- Ability to pass a drug screening
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Professional Engineer preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in project management is required
- A commitment to Health, Safety & Environment through compliance with all policies and procedures and completion of all required training
- Ability to handle the continuous physical demands of the job including climbing ladders, occasional lifting less than 50 lbs., and the need to walk and work on your feet daily
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Strong organizational skills
- Technical ability to look at a drawing and decipher discipline based content
- Skill to perform various duties with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work overtime as needed to meet critical deadlines
- Willingness to travel 75% of time
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!