Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Civil Engineer
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Engineering - Civil
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking an experienced Lead Civil Engineer to work within our Power & Process Office in the Civil/Structural/Architectural Group executing a wide range of projects related to solar, heavy industrial, power, chemical and forest industry sectors. Position would include technical execution of projects related to power and heavy industrial developments. Role would be based in our Tucker, Georgia office.
The successful candidate will lead a team providing primarily civil engineering services to private & public industry. This position will support a wide variety of projects including utility-scale PV solar, power plants, tissue/converting facilities, CCR transport, chemical, cement and EPC projects. The candidate should be flexible in assignments, willing to travel periodically, and eager to learn.
Technical services work areas include:
- Perform civil engineering computations, analysis, and design including engineering analyses, feasibility studies, designs, preparation of drawings and specifications, report writing, cost estimating, and client interaction for civil site land development (site layout, grading, erosion control, underground piping, hydrology, hydraulics, etc.)
- Interact with our EPC arm to prepare quantity estimates for proposals and value engineered solutions for construction
- Prepare field reports, internal correspondence and complete formal reports
- Interpret data and test results from geotechnical reports
- May be assigned limited field construction oversight responsibilities; Ability to conduct or oversee some field assignments, and willingness for limited travel
- Contact vendors; research literature and regulatory requirements; prepare draft designs
- Interact with specialists in other technical practice areas in support of multi-disciplinary projects
- Coordinate with design teams to assist in defining work scope, schedule and budgets
- Oversee and mentor your design-team civil engineers
- Follow company safety standards and site safety standards
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in civil projects; commercial project experience will be considered
- Professional Engineer licensure required (NCEES Record is a plus)
- Project management experience is desired
- Permitting experience is desired
- Conceptual understanding of geotechnical, environmental, and structural design
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and civil software (hydrology and hydraulics)
- Must have strong organizational and oral/written communication skills and ability to work well in teams
- Capable of functioning with little supervision
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!