Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Business Analyst - SAP
- Functional Group
- Information Technology
- Monday - Friday
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Serves as Expert in Americold application software as pertains to business logic, software configuration and operational process deemed key to the daily plant operation within Americold. Apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to the software development life cycle in their designated area. Drive out the key global business requirements and translate into workable requirements containing process information, data flows, comprehensive functional specifications and test plans - challenging any requests that may be unreasonable or unnecessary - and ultimately ensuring that project deliverables are met according to requirements. Creation and maintenance of up-to-date documentation pertaining to core IT processes, software and business logic, software configuration as well as identification of hardware and infrastructure used to support. Create and provide structured training and/or content for other IT members. Provide detailed knowledge and support to all levels of the organization as required.
• Design solutions related to SAP applications.
• Prepare detailed functional requirements for software development.
• Maintains software design principles to guide and govern how application solutions will be designed, integrated and implemented to lower costs and improve application maintainability, flexibility, scalability, robustness, performance, and ability to troubleshoot
• Follow established procedures for the design, coding, and testing of new software.
• Monitor performance of new applications.
• Produce thorough test plans and any specific test and load test conditions that must be met for all sites affected by software alterations. Perform UAT on software to ensure changes function for all sites. Supply knowledge and/or training as applicable to roll-out changes across applicable sites
• Assign and direct work. Monitor adherence to performance standards.
• Prepare time estimates for a project and detailed time estimate for each program within the project.
• Apply Americold Project Management Methodology for successful implementation of IT Solutions in all projects ranging from new business launches to support of current business processes
• Work closely with the internal/external customer responsible to perform any tasks required as related to critical software and/or process alterations – such as: solution design, software and process testing, systems configuration, process and information flow documentation maintenance, performing of UAT’s, coordination of information distribution to site, etc…
• Generation and compilation of corrective action documents, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues and follow through to deployment of solution
• Maintain detailed knowledge of where and how assigned disciplines are utilized across the organization. Close working relationship with the sites to create and maintain a cohesive and connected business system to support the needs of the business
• Perform majority of level two support on critical applications within the Americold organization, escalating as required
• Ensure compliance with employment laws such as Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
• Other duties as requested.
• Senior: Performs work with little to no supervision – provides guidance to lower-level & less experienced developers. Acts as project leader on large, complex projects. Maintains a senior-level workload. Fully capable of working at the highest technical level. Has 7+ years of relevant experience with implementing, configuring and maintaining SAP ERP software application.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Experience with implementing, configuring and maintaining SAP ERP software applications functionality such as in accounts receivables, credit management, accounts payables, asset management, cost element accounting, cash applications/banking, integration with SD and MM.
• Experience in general ledger accounting, profit center accounting, cost controlling and internal orders a plus.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the best practice processes and issues relevant to SAP financial systems processes.
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Needs to be a first-class problem solver – Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail. Able to boil complex problems down to their constituent elements, and then formulate and evaluate a range of alternative solutions. Must have excellent conceptual design skills – an instinctive feel for which solutions ‘fit’ and which need rethinking.
• Knowledge of transportation and warehouse industries.
• Demonstrated planning, task organizing and execution skills.
• Strong communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
• Experience and/or knowledge of FMEA, ITIL, COBIT, ISO, and Project Management Methodologies
• Project management experience.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to work in team-oriented environment.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.