Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Universal Banker - Travel
at Ameris Bank
Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
The Retail Travel Banker travels within a region to perform sales and service functions in multiple Branches. The position serves as a consultant to customers by applying thorough knowledge of products, services and processes in educating customers on products and services, conducting customer financial profiles, identifying customer needs, cross-selling and up-selling opportunities. The Retail Travel Banker seeks to attract, expand and retain customer relationships and is responsible for contributing to the financial growth of the banking centers. The position demonstrates the Ameris Vision, Purpose, Expectations and Values.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strictly adheres to Bank Secrecy Act requirements and applies organizational policies and procedures in all activities.
- Contributes to the financial growth of the banking centers through establishing, expanding and retaining high-value consumer and business customer relationships.
- Operates the teller drawer, performs varied account and customer servicing accountabilities. Performs accurate transactions, balancing each day and verifying cash totals.
- Applies need-based sales techniques and conducts customer financial profiles to attract, expand, and retain customer relationships by identifying products and services to enhance the customer relationship with the bank.
- Proactively communicates with current and prospective customers to educate, ensure understanding, resolve issues, develop and maintain customer loyalty and solicit customer feedback to improve bank performance.
- Maintains a system of orderly follow-up on items pending from branches supported.
- Responsible for making recommendations to supervisors concerning the budgetary needs of the Branch and methods to improve the Retail Banking experience.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products and promotions.
- Accountable for achievement of defined sales and service goals.
- Practices ethical sales behaviors in accordance with Ameris’s core values of Integrity and Honesty; always acts in the best interest of the customer when offering additional products and services.
- Deposit Acceptance Limit: $100,000
- Wiring, Official Check Issuing & Check Cashing Limit: $100,000
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Able to effectively and persuasively express self, using language and grammar in a professional manner.
- Able to plan, schedule and organize professional schedule to achieve strategic goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Highly motivated team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful recommendations.
- Able to assess customer needs, identify opportunities, articulate value and attract new business.
- Able to be flexible and supportive reacting swiftly to change and adjusting priorities.
- Thorough knowledge of banking policies, procedures, products and services.
- Computer proficiency.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service and ability to meet or exceed sales and service goals.
- Successful completion of Teller training program and passing score on training post-test.
- Ability to travel.
Industry and Work Experience:
- 1 or more years of experience as a Teller in Retail Banking.
- 1 or more years of experience as a Personal Banker in Retail Banking.
- High school diploma or GED required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees