Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Service Leader
Goldleaf Partners, now part of FuturePlan by Acsensus, is an employer services firm that provides retirement administration, 3(16) fiduciary solutions, employee benefits, payroll integration, consumer-directed health, and COBRA services. We have an exceptional opportunity for a seasoned payroll leader to manage daily operations and lead a team for this critical payroll function of the organization. Successful candidate will be motivated by working in a fast-paced environment, sees process challenges as opportunity, and exhibits the passion to mentor associates while living our core values. In addition, we are looking for a thought leader in this discipline to drive efficiency, build and integrate processes, procedures and technology in effort to function as an engaged and responsive operation - providing exceptional client service experience.
The purpose of this position is to assure that our clients enjoy an exceptional service experience first, by building an "engaged and responsive" team and, second, by effectively building and integrating processes, procedures and technology for the payroll practice. The position demands business management, risk management, team building, problem-solving, and operations know how. This role is responsible for embracing and living out our core values while promoting an environment of professionalism. This position requires knowledge of payroll, tax compliance, human resources, and related regulatory rules.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute strategies that support organizational goals including, but not limited to, client retention, increase of sales, increase efficiencies and processes, and develop talent.
- Oversee all payroll operations, service, compliance, and sales functions.
- Assess risk and minimize exposure or liability regarding the overall service offering.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with clients and vendors, support producers and client-service teams
- Develop and maintain documentation of policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain department goals and high service standards.
- Identify and resolve opportunities related to client service issues.
- Maintain knowledge base regarding multiple service offerings.
- Review financials, monitor expenses, and ensure the financial success of the payroll practice
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Create high performance work teams through the use of performance measurements, individual goal setting and monitoring, and evaluation of results.
- Develop team members through coaching and mentoring to help them achieve their career goals by taking an interest in the professional growth of each employee.
- Create and deliver training to all operations, service, compliance, sales and other impacted associates
- Assist with hiring process when necessary
Skill / Requirements
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in payroll, tax compliance, and HR/PR administration and systems.
- Previous leadership track record that demonstrates accountability, process improvement and team development.
- Strong communication skills, including client consulting and presentations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - the ability to communicate effectively (clear, concise and professional)
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Time management skills required
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, unsupervised environment
- Contribute to sales organization by utilizing strong work ethic and team communication.
- Strong solutions-oriented skills.
- CEBS CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) or equivalent designations preferred.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for retirement and college.