Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Collaboration Systems Admin 52997
at Avacend, Inc.
Putting technology to work at Georgia State University. Are you passionate about technology, your clients’ success, and looking to make a difference? Ranked the # 4 Most Innovative National University by US News and World Report, Customer is a leading force in the digital transformation of higher education. Georgia State's central technology services group, Instructional Innovation and Technology (IIT), seeks to inspire, support, and enable innovative solutions to advance learning, research and economic enterprise. IIT is leading the pursuit to find solutions to the unique challenges associated with information technology and serve as leaders in a global network of knowledge creation and sharing by earning the role of valued partners and trusted advisors for evolving technology solutions, discovering, creating and implementing new models of higher education for a community of diverse learners, creating and supporting innovative solutions that improve the lives of our students, our city and our state,attracting, developing and retaining talented and capable professionals and fostering an innovative culture of leaders where collaboration, ownership, creativity and efficiency are key.
The Enterprise Application Support Department is seeking to hire a talented and diverse Application Support Specialist Lead. This is a professional staff position within Application Solutions. Within the context of this career path, the Lead position is a decision point within the specialist discipline at which staff should assess their desire for either a technical developer or a management career path. This position will be responsible for software testing and project management for projects to which assigned. Aspects of this job require significant interaction with internal University customers, moderate interaction with external vendors and relying on independent judgment. This position receives general supervision from management and operates at a moderate level of independence. The incumbent will be responsible for application expertise, troubleshooting and customer support in the areas using distributed software in both in-house custom software and cloud based SAAS solutions. The scope of responsibility will include these specific areas but is not limited to the following,
- Possess sufficient knowledge and expertise to work independently through each of the phases of the software development life-cycle on medium to large sized projects
- System Administration -
- Responds to customer reports of problems, system performance anomalies, and /or general inquiries. Includes application code troubleshooting and design, programming, testing, and debugging of software patches/fixes
- Key technologies supported in this role are: Microsoft Office 365 – Exchange, Office 2016 Products, SharePoint, Skype, OneDrive, Power BI and Teams. Experience with WebEx or other on-line collaboration tools along with Identity Management tools and processes is important for the successful candidate
- Requirements/Systems Analysis -
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding. Includes analysis and documentation of business processes and functional requirements
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the business environment
- Translates functional requirements and prepares detailed program specifications from which programs will be written
- Possess general knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with regard to relevant software administration tools
- System Configuration and Custom Scripting -
- Responsible for design, configuration, scripting, testing, debugging, and documentation
- Prepares activity and status reports regarding the activities to which they are assigned and any other duties and/or responsibilities as may be determined appropriate by the employee’s direct supervisor
- Project Management -
- For small projects, responsible for identifying appropriate resources needed, developing project plan/schedule, scheduling and facilitating project meetings, coordinating activities of project team, and reporting project status to both management and customer.
- Possess knowledge of and, with general supervision, is competent to serve in a role of Project Manager for medium to large projects
- Responsible for project plans, time, cost estimates, design specifications, and/or other documentation associated with projects, tasks, or applications to which they are assigned
- Consult and collaborate with personnel in other technical departments to coordinate activities