BAXTER & WOODMAN INC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
COE Accountant, Benelux
at BAXTER & WOODMAN INC
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18000BLL
Our employees around the world are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us as a company in doing work that matters.
Do you want to know why it is so wonderful to work for Baxter? Go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY89yj_zSIo
At Baxter, we are building a best-in-class accounting organization. We are implementing a transformative program which will streamline and standardize processes, strengthen control over company's financial statements and provide best-in-class accounting expertise to business partners, as well as enhance opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth.
This position is part of a newly formed Accounting Center of Expertise (CoE). The role of the Accounting CoE is to ensure accuracy and integrity of US GAAP and statutory financial statements for entities across EMEA region, provide expertise in complex accounting matters and decisions, and build strong partnership with Shared Service Centre, local country finance, commercial and other functional organizations to support financial and accounting processes in compliance with US GAAP and statutory requirements and company's policies and procedures.
- Support the Controller and the team in executing US GAAP, statutory and tax accounting and reporting for the entities in scope; ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the reporting.
- Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls.
- Work closely with Shared Service Centres and Service Delivery partners in execution of end to end finance processes.
- Participate in resolution of complex accounting and tax issues.
- Participate in local, regional and global projects, as required.
- Be an advocate of finance function.
- Maintain focus on continuous process improvement.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit.
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and tax matters.
- Knowledge of local GAAPs for the countries in scope.
- Proven team leader.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mind-set.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, French and / or Dutch.
- Strong reporting tools including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Master's degree in Finance/Accounting or part qualified /qualified ACCA/CIMA.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Experience in JDE and Pega Tools an advantage.
- Additional hours at critical times (e.g. month-end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require Public Holiday.
What we offer:
It is a challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
We encourage our employees to develop their skills to meet the demands of an ever-changing work environment, providing them with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals that will make them valued contributors throughout their careers. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
We can offer a great benefits package including professional examination support and an excellent career path; we are a Platinum approved ACCA employer
If you want to learn more about career opportunities go to: http://www.baxter.com/careers.page
Who we are:
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You'll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.
Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access.