Bibb County School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Paraprofessional - General
at Bibb County School District
The Bibb County School District is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year.
Assists in providing well organized, smoothly functioning class environment in which students can learn subject matter and develop skills through the use of small group instruction and computer-assisted learning.
1. Minimum of two years of college is required. Sixty (60) semester hours or ninety (90) quarter hours. College Transcript or diploma is required as evidence of education.
2. Some experience working with children is desired.
3. Experience working with computers and instructional software is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of child development.
2. Knowledge of the use and operation of computers and instructional software.
3. Some knowledge of teaching and instruction methods.
4. Ability to type is desired.
5. Ability to direct children in small instructional groups.
6. Ability to instruct, give directions to and provide guidance to children.
7. Ability to deal courteously and diplomatically with students, teachers, parents, and school employees.
8. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
9. Ability to work under close supervision.
10. Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
11. Clerical skills are desired.
12. Skills in computer operation.
13. Good interpersonal skills.
14. Good organizational skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts small group or individual classroom activities based on lesson plans developed by the teacher.
2. Assists with the supervision of students.
3. Assists students with the operation of computers and the use of selected software.
4. Checks, reviews and/or grades student classwork, homework and test; observes and reports on students' performance including their progress, weaknesses, special needs, etc.
5. Assists with routine classroom record keeping.
6. Assists with the preparation of materials for instruction (including copying and duplicating materials, constructing displays and bulletin boards, setting up and operating audio/visual materials/equipment, computers, etc.).
7. Observes child behavior and reports observations as necessary.
8. Assists students with classwork; works with children in need of special attention on an individual basis as needed.
9. Monitors student behavior in classroom, cafeteria, playground, etc., as necessary.
10. Performs clerical tasks and duties as necessary.
11. Performs related duties as required or assigned.
1. 182 day work year; 7.5 hours per day.
2. Salary Range: $19,587.75 - $22,085.70 annually (Grade 34) (placement on salary schedule based on years of allowed related experience). Up to ten (10) years allowed. The stated salary range reflects the opportunity for pay over the course of the employee's tenure. The top salary is not a potential starting salary.
3. Excellent benefits package: includes health insurance; dental and life insurance; employee assistance program; personal and sick leave; membership in Teachers' Retirement System.
To apply for this position, please complete an online classified application. Educational documentation (diploma/transcripts) and three Classified Professional Reference Forms must be submitted to the Human Resources Department, preferably by attachment to your application.
BIBB COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, May 29, 2019 12:00 AM
(Eastern Standard Time)