Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BlueLinx Corporation
- Regular Full-Time
- Job ID
About BlueLinx Holdings Inc.
BlueLinx (NYSE: BXC) is a leading wholesale distributor of building and industrial products in the United States with over 50,000 branded and private-label SKUs, and a broad distribution footprint servicing 40 states. BlueLinx has a differentiated distribution platform, value-driven business model and extensive cache of products across the building products industry. Headquartered in Marietta, Georgia, BlueLinx has over 2,200 associates and distributes its comprehensive range of structural and specialty products to approximately 15,000 national, regional, and local dealers, as well as specialty distributors, national home centers, industrial, and manufactured housing customers.
Position Purpose Summary:
Supports and assists with daily responsibilities as it relates to account receivables, accounts payables, accounting, customer service, and sales support. Works with various members of the accounting staff to achieve maximum performance of duties designed to minimize risk and / or losses. Makes direct contact with customers as required to resolve issues. Works with other departments within the company to resolve customer / vendor issues as required.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Depending upon functional group, may be responsible for daily stock receiving, daily customer invoicing and/or inventory reconcilement for assigned reloads/assigned sites.
- Depending upon functional group, may resolves past due accounts, customer deductions from remittances and/or all other accounts receivable issues.
- Processes requests from the sales group and furnishes information requested regarding customer accounts.
- Analyses customer account status and reports findings to management as required.
- Solves routine customer problems, investigates reasons / causes for customer dissatisfaction and evaluate customer satisfaction (for both internal and external customers).
- HS diploma or GED required. Certification, Associates or Bachelor degree a plus.
- 5-7 years related or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, visually proof / compare data, and prioritize work.
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivables, cash disbursement, and/or invoicing / billing. Strong data entry skills and the ability to ensure data accuracy.
- Ability to perform search / inquiry tasks, handle customer problems and evaluate of customer satisfaction.
- Basic math skills and a basic knowledge of policies / procedures / terminology.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant pricing tools / technology. Appropriate understanding of internal controls.