Burns & McDonnell Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Manager – Federal and Nuclear Projects
at Burns & McDonnell Corp
The Senior Project Manager leads thedevelopment and execution of design and construction efforts for federal research/laboratoryfacilities, nuclear weapons production/legacy nuclear waste processing facilitiesindustry. This position is responsible for the strategicdevelopment, sales, negotiation, and safe and financially successful executionof these projects. Directs and coordinates activities of several disciplines ona project of moderate to large scope or a combination of smaller projects.Directs coordination with clients and stakeholders (for example, the U.S. DOE,NNSA, Management & Operations (M&O) clients and other external entities).Leads proposal development, contract negotiations, award and management ofexecution. Drives project planning, budgeting and establishing critical projectobjectives. Plays a key role in the project capture process and/or proposaleffort, and manages the project through close-out. Must be competentin all aspects projects including engineering, Nuclear Quality Assurance(NQA-1), commercial QA/QC, health and safety, field construction oversight,etc. Other duties as assigned.
Specific duties include:
- Create and cultivate key relationships within target client organizations
· Work to growrelationships and market-share in their areas of expertise.
- Identify project opportunities early and facilitate go/no-go decisions in cooperation with office leadership and practice leadership.
- Facilitate strategy development to pre-sell projects before RFP release.
· Develop relationships with key JV partners andsub-consultants.
- Negotiate, approve and execute prime contracts, subcontracts, and change orders
- Manage and execute studies, designs, and construction management of multiple projects
- Lead internal and external project risk reviews. Consult with Legal Department as required
- Assemble and train project teams, coordinate activities of multiple disciplines, and facilitate the efficient cost effective utilization of staff while adhering to contractual and performance requirements
- Manage Safety & Health performance of project team members and Subconsultants including implementing all requirements under a federal nuclear quality program
- Communicate project status, risks, schedule and costs to all internal and external stakeholders
- Develop, review and approve internal and external reports including: project budgeting, project cash flow forecast, and project status reports. Present reports to internal and external executive management and client management as required
- Develop and implement Project Execution Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Safety & Health Plan, Project Staffing Plan, and Project Organization Chart
- Direct and oversee the Subconsulting process and prepare detailed scope of work documents for Subconsultant contracts, including: recruiting, prequalifying and selecting Subconsultants.
- Assist in identifying and the securing of applicable project permits
- Lead project and corporate meetings as needed. Generate Meeting Minutes.
- Recruit and participate in project team member interviews
· Mentor and provideleadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Direct compliance with company policies in all project aspects
- Manage community and consulting relationships as necessary
Theposition requires a bachelor'sdegree in engineering, construction management, or related field from anaccredited curriculum. Minimum 15 years of experience in management of complexprojects. Experience must include at least 10 years successful management ofDOE/NNSA or federal construction, which would include proposal development,contract negotiations, project planning, design team coordination &communication, budgeting, schedule management, and client coordination. Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of government,industry, and public contracts on project-related matters. Proficient withWindows-based platform, computer skills; document control, scheduling, costcontrol and project management software. Completion of/or ability toobtain OSHA 10 and/or OSHA 30 Construction Outreach Safety Training Course. ADOE Q or DOD TS clearance is preferred. This position requires driving tovarious locations; a valid driver's license is required. This position requiresa basic understand of Accounting Principles.
Excellent written & verbalcommunication skills and ability to process and manage project budgets andfinancial data. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Preferred project experience includesDOE/NNSA related projects such as nuclear production plants, nuclear wastetreatment plants, DOE laboratory/research facilities, and DOE/NNSAinfrastructure.