By Light Professional IT Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Support Technician
at By Light Professional IT Services, Inc
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
By Light is seeking a Network Support Technician to provide non-personal Information Technology (IT) support services to the Network Enterprise Center (NEC) located on Fort Benning, Georgia, Camp Merrill, Dahlonega, Georgia, and Camp Rudder, Eglin AFB, FL. Includes the delivery of comprehensive, integrated, end-to-end IT services that include Network Administration, including Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs), Systems Administration, Systems Integration and Testing, Configuration Management, Infrastructure Management, Project Management, Request Management, End-User Support and Training, Hardware/Software Fielding, Software development and maintenance, Business intelligence, IT Metrics Reporting, Quality Control, Information and Network Security Services, and Database Support
- Manage and supervise all personnel assigned.
- Supports digital and analog local area networks, area distribution nodes, main communication nodes, premise distribution systems, power systems, network shelters, and equipment rooms/closets.
- Responds to both urgent and routine actions within established timelines during both normal and after duty hours.
- Install, maintain, and label equipment racks, backboards, shelves, and grounding straps.
- Install, configure, and maintain all network components based upon Government specifications outlined in the latest Installation Information Infrastructure Architecture (I3A) Design Guide, and in accordance with the best commercial practices.
- Ensure that all equipment and materiel are securely fastened in a suitable environment.
- Performs site surveys and preventive maintenance on communications closets/rooms.
- Prepares and presents information/reports to management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or 5 years of relevant experience.
- 6-8 years relevant experience with Network Systems.
- Supervisory/Manager Experience: 4-6 years commensurate with the position requirements
- DoD 8570 Baseline Certification; IAT Level II Certified - Security+
- Experience supporting or assigned to the DoD and /or U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command.
- Has the communication skills to effectively interface with senior military officials, managers, and subordinates.
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
- Security Clearance: Secret