By Light Professional IT Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer- Associate
at By Light Professional IT Services, Inc
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
By Light is seeking a Systems Engineer to provide non-personal Information Technology (IT) support services to the Network Enterprise Center (NEC) located on Fort Benning, Georgia, Camp Merrill, Dahlonega, Georgia, and Camp Rudder, Eglin AFB, FL. Includes the delivery of comprehensive, integrated, end-to-end IT services that include Network Administration, including Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs), Systems Administration, Systems Integration and Testing, Configuration Management, Infrastructure Management, Project Management, Request Management, End-User Support and Training, Hardware/Software Fielding, Software development and maintenance, Business intelligence, IT Metrics Reporting, Quality Control, Information and Network Security Services, and Database Support.
- Performs high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex applications that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills.
- Provides engineering support for all computer and network systems.
- Perform upgrades, as well as systemic and infrastructure additions, moves, or changes.
- Ensure that information systems are configured in accordance with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), applicable patches and other cybersecurity requirements.
- Utilize DoD security hardening, collection and assessment tools (STIGs, ACAS SCAP, Nessus, etc.).
- Test and evaluate hardware and new software upgrades and service releases before distribution.
- Gather IT metrics and data from available sources to develop, prepare, and maintain business intelligence reporting for both classified and unclassified environments
- Performs enterprise systems management, including fault determination, performance management, environmental monitoring, configuration management (coding/scripting/patching global and group policy), and security management of both classified and unclassified systems.
- Confirm all workstations are identified in the Vulnerability Management System (VMS); utilize VMS to track, monitor, and control the mitigation of security vulnerabilities, apply IAVA recommendations, acknowledge and close vulnerabilities, and develop Plan of Actions and Milestones (POAM) based on customer requirements and effect of applying fix to applications.
- Backup and Restore virtual machines and file level backups within the virtual machines.
- Responsible for the upkeep and operation of both SIPRnet and NIPRnet server deployment and infrastructure.
- Provide security patch management on all ESXi servers, vCenter servers, and all virtual machines within the environment.
- Assist with the development and testing of a disaster recovery solution utilizing the VMware vSphere environment.
- Provides operation and maintenance administration of the Symantec NetBackup Disaster Recovery infrastructure at the Fort Benning Network Enterprise Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology Field or 5 years of relevant experience.
- 4-6 years relevant experience with Network Systems.
- DoD 8570 Baseline Certification; IAT Level II Certified – Security+ and Computer Environment (CE) certifications
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures for IT Support Service requirements.
- Experience using Windows Server, Active Directory Domain Services, Group Policy, Windows Server Update Services.
- Experience configuring and supporting Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks.
- Experience supporting or assigned to the DoD and /or U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command.
- Has the communication skills to effectively interface with senior military officials, managers, and subordinates.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
- Security Clearance: Secret