Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Century Communities
The Permit Coordinator is responsible for the general administration and clerical support of the permit process within the Company. Under supervision of the Permit Manager, this position will enhance effectiveness between the Engineers, Permit Runners, Cities/ Counties, and other outside agencies.
Main Job Duties
- Maximize office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications and procedures.
- Organize and document information, including building permits, water/ sewer permits, sprinkler permits, etc.
- Build & assemble permit folders to include site plan. standard signage (no trespassing, job rules hard hat requirements, lot #’s (for front window), option addendums & change orders, non-standard options, area figures, Buildpro schedule with assigned vendors, sales brochure (signed by customer), material takeoff adjustment form, material takeoff (lumber, interior trim, window, brick, etc.), Century quality inspection forms, Century customer walk forms.
- Track daily activities to ensure that the permit applications are accurate and complete.
- Coordinate delivery and pick up of permit applications, as needed.
- Provide various reports and requests to track and resolve permit backlogs or field needs.
- Completes inquiries in person or on telephone with different jurisdictions and agencies.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Experience with permit processing is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Two or more years of clerical and support experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to interact successfully with both internal and external customers at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible with changing business needs in team environment.