Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Location: Macon, GA
Reports To: Plant Manager
SCOPE OF POSITION
Support the plant by completing all required chemical operator duties and responsibilities. The work schedule is normally 40 hours per week, mainly on the second shift schedule, along with periods of week day and week end overtime as designated by site supervision.
- Perform daily chemical and blending operations according to Chemtrade Standards and Operating Procedures
- Tend equipment units or semiautomatic systems that process chemical substances into industrial products; load specified amounts of solid materials into specific mixing control valves to feed liquid materials through flow meters to specific mixing vessels or set controls in specified sequence on control panel to start automatic feed.
- Turn valves or adjust controls to maintain systems at specified temperature, pressure, and vacuum levels.
- Observe chemical reactions; monitor gauges, signals, and recorders; receive notification from control laboratory, supervisor, or other workers to make specified operating adjustments.
- Draw samples of products for laboratory analysis.
- Maintain a log of gauge readings and shift production.
- Perform loading, off loading and transloading operations according to Chemtrade Standards and Operating Procedures.
- Perform pre-start up safety and operating checks as well as operate mobile equipment such as front end loader, skid steer loader, scissor lift, and forklift.
- Complete and maintain processing, quality and ISO documentation and records.
- Provide information to site supervision and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Perform ongoing chemical analysis of designated raw materials and finished products as required by site procedures.
- Actively follow all site housekeeping procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by site supervision or lead operator.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-3 years general industrial maintenance experience to include: pipe fitting, pump repair, and pump installation
- Experience operating a forklift, boom truck, front-end loader and or other heavy equipment
- Must be able to perform general chemical analysis skills – including bench tests, hydrometer use, titration analysis
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills and computer knowledge
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision, is highly motivated, energetic, and enjoys working as part of a team
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Impact, Growth, and Diversity
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. As a company that has grown and continues to grow by acquisition, we offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities to make a real impact. Our vision to be a Great Chemical Company is supported through our EPIC values (Excellence in Operations, People First, Integrity and Customers) and our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction between employees within and throughout our 70 locations. We expect all employees to treat each other with dignity and respect. Safety is at the core of our culture and something that we never compromise on.
At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. We offer an exciting rewards program CHEErs! For employee recognition, referrals and milestones. In addition we offer learning and development opportunities through our Chemtrade University.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. With over 1.6B in Sales, we pride ourselves on our 4 core strategies of Strategic Growth, Operational Excellence, Financial Prudence and our Diverse Business Model, all while maintaining quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care®.
With Headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations across North America and Brazil, Chemtrade operates a diversified business providing industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partners to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
Our success in this global industry is the result of our drive to meet the needs of our customers and is deeply rooted in the talents of our employees and the communities where we operate.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.