Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Location: Savannah, GA
Reports To: Plant Manager
Hourly Role: $22/hour
SCOPE OF POSITION
This job is diverse in the mechanical ability to perform general plant operator duties. Work includes tank truck and rail-car vessel opening, loading and unloading, operation of pumps, piping, valves and general plant upkeep and maintenance. Also, assists the Acid and Shift Utility Operators or other plant personnel as needed. This job requires climbing stairs and ladders and also lifting (within OSHA guidelines). This job consists of outside elements where radiant heat or cold is normal work environment, and rotating shifts.
- Perform typical operations requirements such as truck loading and unloading, rail-car loading and unloading, connecting/disconnecting hoses, operating valves, troubleshooting equipment/operational problems and operating plant equipment as needed.
- Cleaning, sweeping, tool room and warehouse inventory, trash removal, digging, weed spraying, shoveling, fire watch and confined space hole attendance/entrant, other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Operation of the following mobile equipment: Backhoe, Track-mobile, Forklifts, and other mobile equipment.
- Replacement of nuts and bolts in pipe flanges ranging in size from 1” - 48” diameter flanges.
- Physical capability of performing tasks in 100 degree ambient temperatures while wearing Protective Personal Protection such as Acid Resistant approved PVC rain suit (topcoat, bottom pants, rubber boots, gloves and face shield) and Respirators.
- Must be able to work scheduled 8-hour days with intermittent 14 – 16 hour days for emergency operations/repairs.
- Maintain weekly time sheets in accurate format.
- Follow all plant Rules & Regulations including lack of tardiness and absenteeism.
- Be able to comply with all plant safety rules such as: -Meet annual plant physical exam requirements.
- Perform tasks utilizing all PPE.
- Maintain and document PPE condition.
Following all plant safety guidelines such as:
- Confined Space
- High Work
- Management of Change
- Hot Work
- Operating Procedures
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Relevant experience in a plant environment performing similar duties is preferred.
- Ability to use computer effectively, Microsoft programs, maintenance management system, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, manufacturer’s literature, diagrams or schematics.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Impact, Growth, and Diversity
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. As a company that has grown and continues to grow by acquisition, we offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities to make a real impact. Our vision to be a Great Chemical Company is supported through our EPIC values (Excellence in Operations, People First, Integrity and Customers) and our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction between employees within and throughout our 70 locations. We expect all employees to treat each other with dignity and respect. Safety is at the core of our culture and something that we never compromise on.
At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. We offer an exciting rewards program CHEErs! For employee recognition, referrals and milestones. In addition we offer learning and development opportunities through our Chemtrade University.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. With over 1.6B in Sales, we pride ourselves on our 4 core strategies of Strategic Growth, Operational Excellence, Financial Prudence and our Diverse Business Model, all while maintaining quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care®.
With Headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations across North America and Brazil, Chemtrade operates a diversified business providing industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partners to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
Our success in this global industry is the result of our drive to meet the needs of our customers and is deeply rooted in the talents of our employees and the communities where we operate.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.