Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Platform Engineer III (Windows OSD Automation)
- Job Function
- Information Technology
- Position Type
- Experienced Professionals
- Requisition ID
As a Platform Engineer III for Tools and Staff Support, you will design, implement, and maintain solutions to automate OS deployment, configuration, and delivery of devices to over 2,000 restaurants. Using tools such as SCCM, MDT, PowerShell, and Code42, you will ensure Chick-fil-A has a scalable, reliable, and automated way of delivering opening new restaurants, as well as replacing older systems in existing restaurants.
- Build, configure, and maintain MDT platform and SCCM Management Points for Restaurant Windows device deployment automation.
- Manage restaurant device images quarterly with current builds of Windows 10, POS Software, and security updates.
- Design, maintain, and support PowerShell-based middleware for performing complex restaurant server replacement process.
- Manage and code review and code pushes from multiple collaborators on automation middleware to ensure a stable, responsive system based on changing business needs.
- Identify and recommend changes to procedures that can be improved or automated; lead the charge to implement these changes.
- Act as liaison between IT Tools and our Restaurant Implementation & Svcs. Team to ensure in-field installations of equipment are successful.
- Provide advanced technical support for Microsoft systems, working with Microsoft Premier Support when necessary.
- Design, document, and train staff on processes for provisioning and delivering managed devices to our restaurants.
- Maintain accurate and useful system documentation for supported platforms.
- 5+ years experience in SCCM managing Windows endpoints.
- 3+ years experience managing OS deployment automation with SCCM and MDT
- 3+ years experience automating Windows OS using PowerShell
- Experience with deploying software and configurations to Windows endpoints using a mature change management process.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and collaborate with other teams to understand requirements for complex projects.
- Operates independently and takes initiative to resolve issues and move projects forward.
- Experience managing Windows 10 in-place upgrades, patching, and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in Mobile Device Management platforms such as InTune or Workspace One
- Experience implementing SCCM on a cloud-based architecture
- Experience managing large-scale deployments (10,000+ devices)