Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Civilian Corps
- Job ID
- # Positions
Are you looking for a change in your career? Have you ever thought that something is missing within your career? Where has your practice lead you? Do you need a new aspiration and drive?
If you have answered yes to some of the above and are thinking on some of the above questions, then we may have the RIGHT OPPORTUNITY for you!!!!
We are looking for a Provider in support of our Military Servicemen, Families and Retirees.
The position will be located at the Dwight D Eisenhower Army Medical Center, at Fort Gordon, GA.
Fort Gordon, is nestled along the Savannah River banks in Augusta, GA., which is the second largest and oldest city in Georgia. The city is less than 150 miles east of Atlanta and is an easy drive from Atlantic beaches and the mountains. While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters golf tournament, you'll find that the "Garden City of the South" is full of history, atmosphere, and activities to engage everyone's interest. Residents enjoy tree-lined streets with extensive shopping, dining, culture, and entertainment.
- Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
- This is a standing register and there is no guarantee for referral based on applying to this announcement.
- As job opportunities occur, referral lists may be issued from this announcement. Candidates will be contacted directly by the hiring organization when they are being considered for a position.
- This announcement may be used to fill permanent, temporary, or term positions.
DESCRIPTION: Your scope of services include but are not limited to:
- Determine patients’ current level of function using standardized/clinically accepted measure
- Develop and implement complex, goal-oriented treatment plans for patients
- Apply the use of a wide variety of therapeutic modalities and new integrative techniques in patient treatment
- Oversee and instruct Physical Therapy Assistants
- Counsel patients on condition, treatment plans, and therapy goals
- Analyze and interpret patient histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Interpret test results discriminating between normal and abnormal findings.
- Instruct patient and families regarding the treatment plan and any follow-up required.
- Obtain information from patient and/or family to identify major complaints, symptoms, or reason for seeking health care.
- NOTE: May include shift work or rotating shifts (evenings, weekends, holidays).
MUST HAVES: These requirements are necessary,
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
- Must be U.S. Citizen.
- Degree: Successful completion of a degree that included or was supplemented by (1) a physical therapy curriculum approved by a recognized professional accrediting organization at the time the curriculum was completed, and (2) the clinical affiliation requirements prescribed by the school.
- Licensure: Applicants must pass a State-administered national examination. Applicants must have an active, current registration or equivalent from a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Certification: Current certification from a U.S. nationally recognized credentialing body such as the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: evaluating physical therapy patients and implementing physical therapy treatment.
- This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience.
- For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
NOTE: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- These positions require a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- These positions are a Testing Designated Positions (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- These positions are subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- A pre-placement physical examination may be required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- This announcement may be used to fill Supervisory positions. A one year supervisory probationary/trial period may be required.
- Additional requirements may be determined as positions arise and will be communicated during the hiring process if you are selected.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.