Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dept Manager IT HR NAFTA Demands & Projects
at Daimler AG
Mercedes-Benz USA, headquartered in Atlanta, GA is one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For. Mercedes-Benz USA is responsible for the sales, marketing and service of all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. In our people, you will find tremendous commitment to our corporate values: 'PRIDE = Passion, Respect, Integrity, Discipline, and Excellence'. Our products and employees reflect this dedication. We are looking for diverse top-notch individuals to join the Mercedes-Benz Team and uphold these hallmarks.
Main concerns & objectives
The DM IT HR NAFTA Demands & Projects is responsible for leading the Demands and Projects of integrated HR IT systems in the NAFTA region acting as the intermediary between the business and IT, using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help HR business partners and employees achieve their desired outcomes.
This position is responsible for Identify unarticulated business needs and coordinate between stakeholder groups in NAFTA to address them. This position will create prototypes and co-design innovative solutions for HR business partners and employees in NAFTA. He or she will also proactively monitor industry, functional, and technology trends.
This position reports to NAFTA CIO, IT marketing and Sales, HR NAFTA and closely work with HR IT team in Daimler.
The tasks include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for the Demand & Project management, planning, implementation and rollout of new applications based on the Daimler standard landscape by ensuring - Projects have confirmed project charters - Regular project meetings and Steering Committee meetings are conducted - Project are managed using the Houston Methodology - Resourcing requirements are identified and implemented - Support models are defined and implemented
· Serve as a Subject Matter Expert / Center of Excellence for all inquiries regarding HR processes and employee facing applications and improve HR and training Management capabilities, knowledge, competence and skills within the IT department. - Establish the HRIS Team as the single point of contact for all IT inquiries relating to HR for the NAFTA Region. - Participate and represent MBUSA at regional HR workshops. - Provide consulting support to the NAFTA HR teams, including NAFTA HR Shared Services, on methods and tools.
· Establish and maintain an effective and cooperative relationship with the supported user areas - Ensure regular User Council Meetings are conducted - Present a summary of all enhancement requests with completed effort estimates and dues dates - Ensure all enhancement requests are prioritized by the user area
· Responsible for managing all the Application Demands and resourcing the team according to the available budget and skills required. - Ensure all projects are accurately estimated and scheduled - - All maintenance work is scheduled - Sufficient capacity is planned for the resolution of incidents and issues
· Oversee deployment and utilization of technology to optimize the use and deployment of related HR systems and processes
· Work with business partners to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs of HR business partners and employees; understand the customer journey and define user requirements.
· Engage with business partners and influence project decisions; assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands.
· Promote architectural consistency and usability standards; define and execute test cases.
· Requires the supervision of 1~5 full-time employees
· This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and the position may be required to perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree (accredited school) or equivalent work experience
Human Resource Management
Information Technology Management
Information System (MIS)
MBA or equivalent is highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Minimum of 8 to 10 year experience in Information Technology Management, Human Resource Management, Project Management
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills; and the ability to communicate technology concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
· Knowledge of principles and procedures for Compensation and Benefits, Employee Relations, Recruitment and Selection, and HRIS.
· Project management skills; financial/budget management, scheduling and resource management.
· Demonstrated knowledge of both traditional Waterfall and Agile/Lean methodologies
· Strong risk assessment, problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills
· Strong organizational and planning skills.
No Sponsorship Available
Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
Travel domestically and Travel internationally
Work Holidays, Weekends when required
Mercedes-Benz USA is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.