Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Blockchain Assurance Manager
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you'll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that's how you make an impact.
Our Audit & Assurance team is looking for a Manager to partner with us on leading edge development of Blockchain Assurance solutions for our clients. The Manager role will work closely in the Audit & Assurance team to transform existing business processes and accounting standards into a digital future. You will work with developers to translate smart contract code into business information that can be used in attest work. You will allow us to service our clients by providing the bridge between technology and accounting.
In addition to Blockchain Assurance you will participate on the wider Audit & Assurance team.
About the Team
Deloitte Financial Reporting Advisory Services is a client facing team who provide timely, practical, commercially astute and technically sound advice to help our clients meet their obligations and address their financial reporting challenges.
We pro-actively identify financial reporting matters and provide practical advice to our clients in relation to;
- Complex accounting requirements under IFRS, UK /Irish GAAP and US GAAP
- The impact of emerging financial accounting standards such as IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16
- Group restructuring and M&A transactions
- Tax accounting support
- Providing accounting assistance on complex accounting matters such as (but not limited to)
- Revenue recognition
- Share based payments
- Establishment of joint arrangements
- Accounting for deferred tax etc.
About this unique opportunity
- Lead the planning and execution of Blockchain projects in our Assurance practice
- Serve clients located across the country and/or support local office teams
- Review client deliverables prepared by staff and develop staff skillsets related to technical knowledge, communication skills, leadership and project management
- Keep current on new Blockchain solutions, software functionality and its proper use
- Actively participate in Deloitte's Blockchain communities of practice both within Ireland and internationally
- Assist in the development of materials and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Contribute to market development and eminence initiatives, including participating in the development of proposals, targeting efforts, and marketing campaigns within the practice
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent accounting qualification with 6-8 years working experience
- A collaborative mindset with a strong ability to translate business problems into solutions
- Capabilities to sell and deliver Blockchain Assurance services to clients
- Capacity to analyse client needs from a strategic perspective
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Understanding of Blockchain technologies and their applications
- Strong advisory technical skills (GAAP, control certification, assurance), and knowledge of accounting standards, IFRS, internal controls and risk
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. Your career, learning & development
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change.
We love speaking with professionals about their next career experience with Deloitte? If you have a passion for learning from talented people and benefit from the support of a global organisation and network, apply online now.