Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Digital Health Communication Specialist - Temporary Assignment
DLH is seeking a high-energy Senior Digital Health Communication Specialist who thrives working in a fast-paced environment. Under the supervision of the Project Manager, this position will collaborate with CDC subject matter experts (SMEs) on developing health communication products, and writing and editing new and/or revised content for digital platforms. This position will work closely with the creative team to develop and disseminate promotional messages and materials. The position will proactively plan, develop, and implement communications content strategy to meet the mission of the CDC clients.
This position is temporary with a possibility to extend to a full time employee.
Bachelors’ degree and 5+ years of relevant experience in a public health setting or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters’ degree preferred. CDC and/or HHS experience and knowledge of the subject matter is highly preferred.
- Develop, edit, and review content to for CDC client to implement across various communication channels.
- Ensure digital content and activities are based on accepted principles, methods, and best practices.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Represent DLH and customer/client in internal and external meetings and conferences as requested.
- Develop and edit internal and external planning documents and communication tools, including presentations, abstracts, programmatic reports, factsheets, partner toolkits, final reports, newsletters, websites, press releases, media advisories, messages, and other collateral materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Company Core Competencies
- Customer Service: Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Initiative: Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader and peers to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Role Based Competencies – Professional Track
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Computer Skills: Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, uses computers to improve productivity.
- Dependability: Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
- Productivity: Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, and handles information flow.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Break down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
Unique Job Requirements and Characteristics
- Prior experience in heatlh communication with federal organizations
- Exceptional writing and editing skills