DS Services of America, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at DS Services of America, Inc
Job TitleInstructional Designer
Overview of the Instructional Designer
The Instructional Designer is responsible for applying instructional design and development principles and processes to produce effective, engaging and innovative course materials to support our education and development efforts. As an I.D. you will create original course materials including but not limited to training guides, web-based tutorials, documented procedures, audio and video vignettes, and simulations using various technology tools. This position requires the ability to build training content based on research and thorough needs analysis of the business leaders, following adult education learning principles. The ideal candidate in this position will bring an innovative approach to both custom content creation as well as the adaptation of existing content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Research, selects and develops teaching aids such as training modules, demonstration models, multimedia, visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference guides.
- Create training assessments using an online platform.
- Revise training curriculum and methods to improve effectiveness.
- Create or convert existing instructor-led curriculum into an online learning format.
- Participate in the planning, development, and evaluation of course materials.
- Serve as a project manager over smaller efforts or be part of a design team with a focus on larger efforts that may include a dedicated project manager.
- Accept responsibilities as needed in defining process and standards.
- Coordinate with management and key stakeholders to determine training objectives to include, participating in needs analysis studies to determine training needs as well as participating in meetings, seminars and training sessions to obtain information useful to the facilitation of training.
- Act as subject matter expert when determining and designing and developing curriculum through research, team member input, and advanced functional/technical knowledge.
- Update policies and procedures to improve effectiveness.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent facilitation skills, professionalism, and creativity.
- Knowledge of adult learning concepts and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of today's ever-changing corporate training requirements and strategies.
- Ability to transfer the meaning from subject matter experts and stakeholders into effective training materials.
- Ability to adapt complex concepts into simplified training concepts for the 1st time learner.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with quick turnaround times.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently under a firm deadline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Experience developing courses to support complex business processes, extensive systems training, and soft skills.
- Past proven success using e-learning authoring tools (Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate).
- Experience creating training assessments using an online platform.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in Instructional Design - 5+ years preferred.
- 4-year degree.
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.