Eagle Ray, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Jr. Systems Engineer
at Eagle Ray, Inc.
- Security Clearance
- Top Secret/SCI (TS/SCI)
Eagle Ray is looking for a Junior Systems Engineer to support the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command with Engineering Technical Assistance Support Activities. This position will support to the mission within these possible Task areas: Cybersecurity accreditation efforts for the cyberspace platform and converged infrastructure, Technology Assessments/Pilots of Open-source intelligence (OSINT) and other capabilities to meet Army Intelligence gaps/requirements, Input for the development of Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership, Personnel, Facilities and Policy (DOTmLPF-P) assessments for Data Science and Defensive Cyberspace Operations Intelligence Support initiatives, Liaison personnel with sufficient expertise to serve as INSCOM liaison to external and Offensive Cyberspace Tool Development.
- Perform operations, maintenance and accreditation efforts on unclassified, classified cloud, virtual environment, and on-premise Information Technology (IT) environments.
- Maintain these environments within compliance based on the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Standards, DoD, Army, and ICD 503 Directives and the Risk Management Framework.
- Provide technical support for the Life Cycle Development process of these systems to include support for the integration and implementation of these systems into the enterprise or Program of Record (POR).
- Attend technical exchange meetings (TEMs), and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) with INSCOM and external organizations and provide meeting minutes technical documents and reports.
- Evaluate system component suitability and make recommendations to the Government eliminate redundancy and align capabilities within the Intelligence Community regarding impact of alternative new technologies on project costs, portability, compatibility, and usability sustainability.
- Provide technical expertise for software performance test plan design and test scenarios for functional testing, security testing, negative testing and vulnerability analysis of cyberspace operations tools and capabilities.
- Must submit Test plans, technical reports, assessment reports and technical documents associated with the specified tasks within the allotted time frame.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- BS in Engineering with at least 5 yrs. exp., or 10 yrs. exp. in software systems or computer engineering.
- Sustaining virtual, cloud and on premises environments.
- Evaluation of current or emerging technologies, investigate system component suitability, and make recommendations to the Government regarding impact of alternative new technologies on project costs, portability, compatibility, and usability.
- Provide engineering advice and subject matter expertise in systems engineering and architecture and technical exchange meetings (TEMs) and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), with INSCOM and external organizations.
- Provide technical expertise for software performance test plan design and test scenarios for functional and security testing.
- Maintain and accredit Amazon Web services For Official Use Only (FOUO) GovCloud, and classified cloud environments, and hardware environments.
- Ability to use security assessment and analysis tools to include: strings, sysinternals, Wireshark, hash calculators, binary analysis tools, Nmap, Netcat, Kali Linux, and password crackers.
- Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP, UDP, IP, DNS, HTTP etc.), MS Windows, Linux, Unix, and embedded Router OS, Python, Shell, Windows.bat, and Power Shell.
- Test methodologies and types to include: demonstration, testing, inspection, analysis, black box testing, gray box testing, and white box testing.
- Ability to operate common services and applications such as: DNS Servers, HTTP servers, SOCKS proxies, and antivirus product.
- Knowledge of penetration testing to include basic knowledge of security vulnerabilities, ability to identify and articulate findings concerning the risk of detectability, attribution and co-opt ability.
- Knowledge or requirements analysis to include the ability to identify well-formed requirements and the ability to trace functional requirements to mission objectives, higher level requirements and technical objectives.
- Ability to install and configure each OS, build and configure networks, perform basic command line operations, and conduct basic audits and analysis of system logs.
- DoD Approved Baseline Certification at IAT Level II or Higher in Technical Exhibit 5.