ECG Management Consultants, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager, M&A
at ECG Management Consultants, Inc
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
ECG, a national management consulting firm working exclusively in the healthcare industry, was named the top overall healthcare management consulting firm in a 2018 Best in KLAS report.
At ECG, our primary emphasis is on quality—in both our people and our services. When you work at ECG, we empower you to be your best. We hire you for your ability, integrity, and education, and we assign you challenging projects and help you grow professionally.
Our M&A team serves as an adviser to hospitals, health systems, and physician groups in the evaluation, development, and execution of all forms of strategic partnership transactions on a national basis. Our M&A professionals have been involved in hundreds of transaction- and partnership-related engagements. Our team’s expertise includes sell-side M&A advisory services, buy-side M&A advisory services, facilitated M&A advisory services, joint venture/joint operating agreement development advisory services, valuations, and fairness opinions.
- ECG is a leading M&A adviser to hospitals and health systems seeking larger health system partners (sell-side advisory services).
- ECG is a leading M&A adviser to health systems seeking growth through partnerships with hospitals and/or physician groups (buy-side advisory services).
- ECG is a leading M&A adviser to facilitated partnerships among and between health systems and/or physician groups.
Our senior managers are leaders within the firm and viewed by clients as the go-to people and problem solvers. They are expected to:
- Contribute to the firm growth by identifying and pursuing follow-on and new business opportunities targeting revenue from $500,000 to over $1 million every year.
- Manage multiple M&A engagements from beginning to end.
- Manage client communication and presentations.
- Manage and develop junior M&A team members.
- Utilize complex financial modeling to conduct in-depth analyses, industry research, and valuation analyses.
- Lead in-depth industry research and trend analysis.
- Oversee comprehensive transaction due diligence.
- Develop target lists for potential buyers.
- Develop and manage work plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the healthcare industry
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, or a related field
- Master’s degree in business administration and/or master’s degree in a health-related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience in healthcare valuation, M&A consulting, or investment banking
- Proven track record of solving complex problems, directing and managing individuals, and completing challenging projects
- Demonstrated record of achievement in selling and managing engagements
- Viewed as a thought leader through marketing activities, such as networking with potential clients, participating in professional societies, and publishing and presenting thought leadership (white papers, speeches, and articles)
- Demonstrated focus on staff development, coaching, and retention, with a refined ability to provide constructive and timely feedback
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 60% (or more) of the time
ECG is a strategic consulting firm that is leading healthcare forward using knowledge and expertise built over the course of more than four decades to help clients see clearly where the industry is going and navigate toward success. We work as trusted, professional partners with hospitals, health systems, medical groups, and academic medical centers across the country. We thrive on delivering smart counsel and pragmatic solutions to the critical challenges facing healthcare providers. Client success is our primary objective. ECG’s national presence includes offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, and Washington, DC.
Our company culture is open, honest, and collaborative, with a defined career path to help you succeed in a meritocratic environment. We offer an attractive compensation package, challenging and rewarding work, and a stellar reputation. To begin the recruitment process, please submit your resume and cover letter via the Careers page of our website at http://www.ecgmc.com.
ECG is an equal opportunity employer. ECG does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of any characteristic or activity that is legally protected, including race; ancestry; creed; color; religion; national origin; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; families with children; familial status; sex; genetic information; marital status; sexual orientation; gender expression or gender identity; political ideology; age; honorably discharged veteran or military status; sensory, physical, or mental impairment; or other legally protected characteristics or activities.
We participate in E-Verify as part of our onboarding process.