Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Program Manager
- Job ID
- Job Location(s)
- Job Post Information* : External Company URL
EXOS helps people perform at a high level so they can achieve what matters most to them. Since our founding in 1999, we’ve become a leader in proactive health and performance, trusted by more than 150 clients, including corporations, academic institutions, health systems, sports organizations, the U.S. military, community centers, and residential communities. With award-winning facilities and spaces, technology, equipment, and services, EXOS connects people to the solutions they need and provides individualized plans based on time-tested fundamentals and research in order to help people take control of their health and performance.
EXOS has been leading the way in workplace wellness for over two decades, creating evidence-based employee wellness programs for global companies across a number of industries. Our employer solutions come to life through a combination of wellness services, technology, fitness facilities, and performance staff, and are always within reach — online, via mobile apps, and through in-person coaching. Company leaders, including many from fortune 500 companies, trust our solutions and services to improve the health and happiness of their workforce, as well as their return on investment.
We're seeking an Assistant Program Manager to join our team. As our new Assistant Program Manager you will:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the fitness center, including facilities and maintenance
- Perform fitness assessments, determine exercise prescriptions, and design workout programs for a diverse population, including a variety of high risk clientele
- Provide one-on-one consulting, training and motivation
- Design & implement incentive, health promotion, and other specialty programs
- Instruct group exercise classes, and at some facilities, manage the group exercise scheduling and staffing
- Assist the Program Manager with strategic planning, budgeting and reporting
- Select, mentor and supervise interns at the site
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree (exercise related field)
- Prior experience leading group exercise classes preferred
- ACSM Health Fitness Specialist certification strongly desired
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a fitness environment (supervisory experience preferred)
- Experience teaching group exercise, or demonstration of ability to learn how to instruct classes
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications or ability to obtain certifications upon hire
Candidates applying for this position should be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted repeatedly throughout the workday. Also, the physical requirements of this job require frequent walking around and demonstrating and assisting with exercise movements; bending, stretching, lifting, pushing, pulling and squatting are movements performed daily.
We are an equal opportunity employer
EXOS is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. EXOS provides reasonable accommodation to employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities. You may request reasonable accommodation, in writing, by reaching out to our People Operations department at:
Attention: People Operations, Accommodations
2629 E. Rose Garden Ln.
Phoenix, AZ 85050
Learn more here: