Georgia Department of Public Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Georgia Contact Tracer - Coronavirus Response
at Georgia Department of Public Health
- Georgia Contact TracersAgency: The mission of the Georgia Department of Public Health is: To prevent disease, injury and disability; promote health and wellbeing; and prepare for and respond to disasters.
Program Mission: To protect State of Georgia employees by preventing disease, injury and disability through the promotion of health and wellbeing.
The Georgia Department of Public Health is seeking Contact Tracers to support the Department of Public Health and Local Boards of Health to perform COVID-19 contact tracing.
The Department of Public Health (DPH) will hire, train and supervise a team of community contact tracing and case investigating staff across Georgia. The aim of this will be to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, gather their contacts, and proceed to call every contact in Georgia. This will fortify efforts to control the pandemic in Georgia.
- Job Responsibilities
The Contact Tracer will call every case and either call or virtually monitor every close contact of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 to document a symptom check, refer them for testing according to established protocols, and provide them with instructions for quarantine. Contact Tracers are required to follow all scripts, policies and procedures provided by DPH, and comply with DPH training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
- Understand the contact tracing, testing, and case investigating process in the context of a pandemic
- Call people who have been identified as a close contact of someone who tested positive for COVID-19
- Call or virtually monitor every identified close contact, gather/verify their information, and provide instructions for quarantine
- Input additional information of the close contact into the digital system
- Respond to common questions and provide information/recommendations regarding quarantine
- Communicate with close contacts in a professional and empathetic manner
- Collect information on symptoms during the call and record into the digital system
- Coordinate with supervisors if necessary, to refer close contacts to local support resources
- Exhibit critical thinking during calls to identify trends, gather additional information, and escalate any risks where necessary
- Understand daily workflow and collaborate across the team
- Role may require performing additional COVID-19 response related activities
- Minimum Qualifications
High School Diploma
Must have proficient computer and phone skills including proficient use of Microsoft office 365 applications
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Second or multiple languages a plus
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft office 365 applications
Bilingual - fluent to read, write, and speak in Spanish
Current college student (Undergraduate or Graduate) majoring in Public Health, social work, sciences or a closely related field or recent graduate.
Completion of coursework in Epidemiology
- Additional Information
- This is temporary or hourly paid work performing professional health care services. Positions in this job are established for less than 9 months and are not eligible for benefits if the position status is temporary (i.e., SCOA 513).
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
DPH accepts educational credentials recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE). DPH will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
As an employee of DPH, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: DPH-HR@dph.ga.gov.
DPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.