Georgia Department of Public Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-Time Dental Hygienist
at Georgia Department of Public Health
Location: Hall County Dental Office, 450 Prior Street, Gainesville, GA 30501
Recruitment: This position is open to all qualified applicants
Pay Grade: TPW
District 2 Public Health (D2PH) serves 13 counties in northeast Georgia, including Banks, Dawson, Forsyth, Franklin, Habersham, Hall, Hart, Lumpkin, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union, and White counties. One of the fastest growing regions in the state, District 2 includes rural and urban communities with diverse public health challenges.
The mission of public health is to promote and protect the health of people in Georgia wherever they live, work and play. We embrace this mission by serving individuals, families, and communities to improve their health and enhance their quality of life.
Come join the team that's changing the face of public health. We are improving the health of Georgia one community at a time. The Hall County Dental Program is one of the largest in the state. We have provided dental services and oral health education for over 20 years. This position will serve clients of the Ryan White Program. Ryan White is a Federal program that provides outpatient medical services for adults who have been diagnosed with HIV/AIDS.
We are focused on understanding community health challenges and developing smart solutions that allow us to make an impact in our community. We are a team of intelligent and committed individuals who are passionate about public health and serving northeast Georgia. If you want to make a difference in public health, you should join our team.
- Job Responsibilities
Under broad supervision, cleans teeth, examines head, neck and oral areas for signs of oral disease. May educate clients on oral hygiene, take and develop X-rays or apply fluoride or sealants. May serve as a lead worker.
- Provides preliminary screening and notes potential problems to aid the supervisor dentist in diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Provides comprehensive, professional dental hygiene treatment/service as directed by dentist supervisor. Treatment includes x-rays, prophylaxis, scaling when indicated, Deep Scaling with Anesthesia when indicated, fluoride treatments and dental sealants.
- Accommodates scheduling of patients to fully utilize the clinical session as directed by dentist supervisor.
- Provides oral hygiene instructions to patients and parent/guardians as appropriate, and documents such in patient record.
- Follows clinical guidelines of record documentation and HIPPA regulations.
- Practices infection control according to clinical protocol and OSHA regulations.
- Breaks down and set up operatory between patients.
- May require travel to dental clinics within 13 counties in District 2.
- Minimum Qualifications
Associate's degree in dental hygiene from an accredited college or university AND current Georgia dental hygienist license AND Two years of related experience OR One year at the lower level Dental Hygienist 2 (HCT011) or position equivalent.
- CPR Certification
- One year experience in delivery of dental hygiene services to adults in private practice setting
- Additional Information
To be considered for employment at District 2 Public Health you must complete an online application. This job application can be found at www.dph.georgia.gov. Click on "About DPH" and then "Careers", locate position then click "Apply" to begin your application. Please make sure you have selected the specific job you are interested in and qualified for. You will receive an email or telephone call if you are selected to participate in the interview process. Please do not send hard copies of application materials. All information can be uploaded to the online system.
Applications must include an email address and daytime phone number where applicant can be reached. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification. This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Pre-employment drug screen and criminal records check (fingerprinting) are required. Note: An applicant who has a disability requiring special accommodations should contact this office. In accordance with Georgia's Drug Free Workplace Act, it has been determined that certain positions warrant pre-employment drug testing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information regarding employment with District 2 Public Health please visit our website at www.phdistrict2.org.