Georgia's Own Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Georgia's Own Credit Union
Provide support to Main Office loan officers and process their approved loan applications. Provide support for incoming phone calls from dealers and members with miscellaneous loan related questions. Ensure all adverse action forms are processed and sent to members with denied and/or counteroffered consumer loans by the credit union.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review approved loans for accuracy and completion to insure that all federal and state compliance regulations have been met prior to booking.
• Process all Main Office loan officer loan approvals, includes reviewing, preparing and sending loan documents to members prior to booking the loan and sending loan proceeds to members, dealers via mail or branch delivery.
• Review, process and book credit union’s VIP Express Check loans.
• Ensure share and other deposit accounts are opened for new members prior to booking the loan.
• Complete daily log of booked loans by Consumer Lending Department and balance department totals and loan/request check register.
• Perform necessary file maintenance on member accounts.
• Assist in verifying necessary information for direct and indirect approvals processed with dealers and other financial institutions.
• Handle stop payment requests on lost/cancelled checks processed by Main Office loan officers.
• Follow up with members on pending lending requests requiring additional information requested by Loan Officers.
• Retrieve member requests via fax, e-mail, mail and prepare for review by Main Office Loan Officers.
• Prepare for review and distribute to Loan Officers all loan requests and lending issues received from other departments.
• Prepare the adverse action forms on denied and/or counter offered lending requests for transmission to Palmetto within 25 days.
• Provide incoming and roll over call coverage during business hours and any necessary extended hours.
• Assist in training and developing of new lending staff.
• Assist in sending Thank You notes/letters to members with booking documents.
• Assist with funding of Indirect loans.
• Additional duties as assigned.
While many things have changed throughout our long history as a credit union, acting with purpose—whether it’s serving our members, giving back to our communities, or cultivating our employees—has remained the foundation of what we do. Banking On Purpose explains our character and motivation. It drives our decision-making, and is the underlying reason why people should choose us as an employer and financial institution. Banking on Purpose is not just a tagline—it is our mission and vision, both internally and externally.
OTHER JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to operate loan processing system, computer, calculator, telephone and other equipment as needed.
• Competence with the use of the Internet and Credit Union Intranet
• Ability to multi-task and work on various projects in a given time frame.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma.
• Good clerical skills with particular attention to detail.
• Effective analytical, problem solving, organization, planning and time management skills.
• Knowledge of consumer loan policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of consumer loan products and services.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. All employees must be able to communicate face to face or through technology with or without reasonable accommodation. Employee will be in an office environment (well-lighted, heated and air-conditioned) typically stationed at a desk or table. Employee will be asked to sit and stand for various increments of time, and to lift/push up 10 lbs. Clerical office duties on various forms of technology are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
SAFE ACT Disclosure
All positions that have lending responsibilities must comply with all requirements under the SAFE ACT, as well as the union’s policies and procedures related to the SAFE ACT. This includes an obligation on the employee’s part to ensure that NMLA registration pertaining to the SAFE ACT is kept current. The employee must notify the credit union within 30 days of any changes that need to be reflected on the NMLS Registry.
Georgia’s Own Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with obligations under federal law, every company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance women, minorities, disabled veterans, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.