Goodwill of North Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Goodwill of North Georgia
Do you love fixing things? How about taking responsibility for entire buildings and the equipment inside? Our stores rely on people like you to keep them running. Come be a part of something worthwhile. When you work with Goodwill of North Georgia you’ll receive valuable training, experience and benefits.
What we’re looking for:
- 2 or more years of experience working in building maintenance or a related field.
- Working knowledge of electrical theory and wiring.
- Working knowledge of plumbing basics.
- The ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Reliable transportation.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record and meet the standards of the agency’s insurance carriers.
- Proficiency with the tools associated with the scope of the position.
- Prior military experience
What you’ll be doing:
As a Maintenance specialist you will help to maintain all aspects of building maintenance for our stores and delivery centers including but not limited to repairs and maintenance of physical structures and equipment. You’ll be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining store appearance by following company policies and procedures
- Compliance with OSHA standards as well as city and county ordinances and codes
- Maintaining and repairing the store’s basic plumbing, electrical and physical structure in accordance with building codes.
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing light fixtures and electrical ballast as needed.
- Maintaining repair logs and checklists to ensure all maintenance actions items are completed
- Performing store safety inspections and preparing bids on repairs as assigned and approved by the Maintenance Manger and/or Director of Maintenance.
- Ensuring all restrooms are operating properly.
- Maintaining the fabrication of walls, installation of doors and windows, paint selection and preparation.
- Maintaining the regulation of air quality, temperature and humidity within building interiors.
Work Environment Conditions:
In this role, you’ll be getting hands on with facilities and equipment. You need to be able to perform manual tasks requiring moderate physical strength which may include bending, reaching, grasping, standing and/or walking for extending periods of time as well as the ability to push, pull, and lift up to 30lbs with or without accommodation. The work may require you to be able to crawl, climb, twist, bend, reach, grasp, lift, lay on hard surfaces and work in confined spaces, and you may have to tolerate environmental issues such as dust, heat and cold.
Does this sound like a place for you? If so, please apply today. Our process takes about 15 minutes to complete. Once you do, our recruiting team will reach out to you within a few days. Thank you for your time and interest in Goodwill of North Georgia.
Goodwill of North Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Goodwill to consider applicants based solely on qualifications and merit; without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.