Gordon County School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gordon County School District
The job of a School Bus Driver is done for the purpose/s of transporting students over scheduled routes and/or to/from special excursions; ensuring vehicle is in safe operating condition; and ensuring the safety of students during transport, loading, and unloading from the bus.
• Advises students and other passengers of appropriate behavior for the purpose of maintaining passenger safety.
• Assesses incidents, complaints, accidents and/or potential emergency situations for the purpose of resolving and/or recommending a resolution to the situation.
• Assists students and other passengers for the purpose of providing safe loading and unloading from buses including both normal transport and emergency situations.
• Cleans assigned vehicles, both interior and exterior for the purpose of ensuring safety, appearance, and sanitation of vehicle.
• Conducts emergency evacuations (e.g. during drills, emergency situations etc.) for the purpose of ensuring efficiency of procedures and complying with mandated requirements.
• Drives school bus for the purpose of transporting passengers over scheduled routes to and from school and/or field trips in a safe and timely manner.
• Fuels assigned vehicle for the purpose of maintaining vehicle in a safe operating condition.
• Informs other school personnel, parents, etc. of events and/or practices (e.g. scheduled stops, established routes, route conditions, etc.) for the purpose of advising them of issues that may require action.
• Monitors students and other passengers during transit for the purpose of ensuring the safe and comfortable transportation of all passengers.
• Participates in unit meetings, in-service training’s, workshops, etc. as required for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
• Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections (e.g. fluid levels, tire pressure, exterior condition, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the safe operating condition of the vehicle and complying with mandated guidelines.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
• Prepares reports as required (e.g. field trips reports, incident reports, inspections records, passenger misconduct, mileage logs, student counts, routing information, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, conveying information, and/or complying with established guidelines.
• Reports observations and/or incidents (e.g. discipline, accidents, inappropriate social behavior, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate personnel.
• Responds to inquiries from students, parents, and/or staff for the purpose of providing the necessary information regarding transportation services.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good Driving Record
- Pre-Hire Physical Examination
- Pre-Hire Drug Screening
- Criminal History / Background Check
Candidates who meet minimum qualificationscomplete the following will be offered an opportunity to train for the purpose of acquiring the following license and endorsements:
• Class B CDL License
• Passenger Endorsement
• Air Brake Endorsement
• S Endorsement (School Bus)
State of GA. requires the following as a Minimum:
12 hours of class room instruction which prepares the applicant for the following individual tests. Passing each is required in obtaining the permit needed for training behind the wheel.
• General Knowledge
• Air Brake
• School Bus
6 Hours of behind the wheel driving without students (After obtaining driving permit)
6 Hours of supervised behind the wheel driving with students on board (After Class B CDL is acquired)
Salary/Wage/Benefits: Regular Full Time Route Driver
- 1st year Driver: Yearly Salary Paid over 12 months $11,801.40 (Experience Pays Higher)
- State Health Benefit Plan funded by State of GA / GCBE (Employee contribution required)
- GCBE Paid Life Insurance
- 8.25 Paid Sick Days
- 3 Paid Personal Days
- Following the first 90 school days of driving, Training Pay $250.00
- Extra hours available driving Sport / School Field Trips
Job Contact Information
Thursday, May 16, 2019 12:00 AM
(Eastern Standard Time)