Graham Packaging Company, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Graham Packaging Company, L.P.
Evergreen Packaging, a global leader in paper packaging solutions, makes paper and paperboard products designed to deliver product freshness, brand distinction and supply chain assurance. Global brands trust us to protect their products and their reputations. As a vertically integrated manufacturer, we leverage scientific expertise and Manufacturing Excellence principles to bring great products to market worldwide. Sustainability is at the heart of all we do. We are leaders in promoting responsible forestry and recycling for our packaging formats. Our team members are the cornerstone of building a sustainable business. Our trust-rich culture reflects a passionate commitment to collaboration, participation, ownership and resourcefulness.
We are in search of a Production Supervisor for our Athens, GA facility. The ideal candidate is responsible for supervising the hourly, union employees on shift in order to meet the safety, environmental, production, quality and cost goals of the department, as well as to meet customer delivery dates. This position is also responsible for contract interpretation, overseeing employee training, enforcing rules, policies and procedures recommending disciplinary action when require, verifying and approving work ours and pay rates utilizing Kronos timekeeping systems.
- Ensure all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to Evergreen packaging safety policies and procedures, as well as OSHA regulation
- Organize, manage, and direct the activities of employees assigned on shift to meet production goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). verify and approve work hours and pay rates utilizing eTIME or Kronos timekeeping systems.
- Responsible for effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution. Ensure hourly employees have proper training and tools to meet department goals.
- Meet production goals by balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, safety, environmental and morale to achieve positive results in all areas of the department.
- Work with other departments, shifts and direct reports to achieve team attitude among crews and peers.
- Check work areas for safety hazards, conduct weekly safety meeting with department employees, communicate the status of orders, schedule departmental clean-ups, communicate with Quality Improvement Manage concerning all issues affecting quality (side seams, skiving issues, mixed loads, etc.).
- Provide products and services that consistently meet the mutually agreed upon specifications of both our internal and external customers.
- Ensure that all requirements of SQF Level II Code are being administered and adhered to.
- Participate in scheduled food safety internal audits.
- Implement and maintain quality systems that ensure procedures and processes are in place to provide products that meet manufacturing specifications and customer requirements; provide tools for educating team members on quality standards and specifications for packaging; standardize quality test procedures and interpretations of results throughout the division; create a foundation and mechanism for process monitoring and continuous improvement.
- Involve team members in continuously improving the quality of our products and services, and the efficiency of operations and staff activities throughout the business.
- Leading quality improvement activities within their respective organizations.
- Responsible for assuring that the products produced within each manufacturing facility are safe and comply with all federal, state and international laws, regulations, and guidelines.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- A BS Degree - Preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Supervisory skills.
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to balance and achieve results in areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
- Strong team player.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Food Safety requirements.
- Ability to interpret and administer SQF Level II Code.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, maral status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.