Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Transportation Sourcing
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Responsible for leading and managing freight spend and sourcing for over $325 million in domestic transportation for 8 mills, 45 converting plants, and 75-plus warehouses for truckload, less-than-truckload and intermodal modes. This position will negotiate rates with carriers, strategically source carriers, lead RFP projects, conduct cost optimization projects, identify cost savings projects and minimize inflation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead company-wide sourcing of over $325 million in domestic transportation (truckload, rail, LTL, spotting/shuttling) for 9 mills, 41 converting plants, and 75-plus warehouses.
- Maintain solid key core-carrier relationships to ensure equipment capacity and enhanced carrier on-time delivery services. Manage approximately 250 carriers / suppliers through metric-based supplier management.
- Interact with Operations and Warehouse Directors to drive implementation of cost improvement plans.
- Demonstrate logistics leadership through awareness of industry leading-edge practices and processes.
- Manage the development, negotiation, and implementation of the strategic sourcing plans for logistics suppliers.
- Interact with key business stake holders and present initiatives and updates to senior level management.
- Lead and execute all annual freight RFP’s by mode and incorporate all new traffic lanes.
- Lead the oversight and execution of transportation agreements for all ground transport modes to meet internal legal requirements using approved software applications.
- Guide the development of integrated logistics plans; manage approximately 275 contract negotiations, carrier service scorecards and carrier evaluations.
- Prepare financial analysis and monthly SPI reports for supply chain finance and optimization teams, as requested.
- Develop, implement and manage sourcing solutions with key customers to ensure common metrics between organizations.
- Support the oversight and implementation of all day-to-day domestic transportation in accordance with guidance provided by the Director, Strategic Sourcing & Logistics Operations.
- Back-up support and succession resource for the Director, Strategic Sourcing & Logistics Operations.
- Manages the following direct reports: Transportation Buyer, Logistics Analyst Lead, Logistics Analyst II and Logistics Analyst I.
- Develop and mentor relevant internal personnel to meet the projected work requirements within the operating budgets and staffing plans of the department.
- Identify and advocate career development within GPI for appropriate candidates where/when applicable.
- Limit enterprise liability by adhering to all Federal DOT, FMSCA, & FRA transportation safety regulations.
- Investigate and assign appropriate freight terms that protect GPI P&L and avoid unnecessary market price inflation.
- Achieve year over year cost savings for logistics assets while maintaining surety of supply.
- Work closely with the Optimization team to identify continued network improvements company-wide.
- Evaluate and analyze logistics procurement practices and implement Best Demonstrated Practices.
- Must have Bachelor degree in supply chain, logistics, operations, engineering, finance, accounting, economics, statistics or other related fields. MBA preferred.
- Experience:10 - 15 years of experience in Procurement, Logistics, Operations, or Engineering &Maintenance Management.
- Proficient with the implementation and us of Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) sourcing systems, preferably SAP-SRM.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and gain support from business unit executives
- Strong record of accomplishment and an aptitude for elevated problem solving techniques
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently and to supervise the work of others.
- Must have advanced computer skills including a significant understanding of ERP (e.g., SAP, TM1, and Hyperion) systems.
- Availability to travel up to 30%
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.