Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Planner I - Planning & Development
at Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
- Class Summary
The function of Gwinnett County Department of Planning and Development is to promote and enhance the quality of life of residents, visitors, property owners, and businesses of Gwinnett County. The Department accomplishes its mission through programs and services that encourage high quality development, as well as maintenance and revitalization of existing neighborhoods. The Department consists of the Administration Division, the Planning Division, and the Development Division.
The Planner I position is assigned to the Development Plan Review section within the Development Division. The position will be responsible for the review, approval, and permitting of commercial and residential site development projects located in unincorporated Gwinnett County to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and ordinances in addition to issuance of sign permits, addresses, and Temporary Use Permits. The incumbent will meet with and assist design professionals, contractors, developers, business owners, and the general public regarding County regulations and ordinances.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Landscape Architecture, or Planning
- One year of related experience
- or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Valid Driver's License from state of residency.
NOTE: The class specifications listed on this site are not the official class specifications for Gwinnett County and are subject to change.
- Benefits Offered
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- HSA/HRA available
- Basic, Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-site Medical Wellness Center
- Holidays: 12 holidays per year
- Annual leave (vacation): 13 day accrual per year
- Sick leave: 13 day accrual per year
- Immunizations (Flu Shots, Tetanus, etc.)
- Wellness Incentive Programs
- Annual Wellness Fair
- 529 College Savings payroll deduction
- Financial Education Programs
- Funeral Leave
- Longevity Pay after 3 years (full-time status)
- Tuition Reimbursement after 2 years (full-time status)
- Employee assistance program
- Uniforms and equipment furnished
- Employee discount programs
- Retirement Benefits include:
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
* Employees can choose a contribution rate of 2.5%,5.0%, or 7.5%
* Gwinnett County will contribute 7.0% of your pensionable earnings per pay period.
- An employee is fully vested in 5 years. An employee can retire if he/she has reached the age of 55 and the sum of his/her age and years of service equals 65.
- Deferred Compensation Plan
* If you contribute at least 2.5% of your base pay to the 457(b) plan, Gwinnett County will contribute an additional 1% to your Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (this is in addition to the 7% described above).