Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Desk Supervisor
at Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
- Location : Company Name
- Pyramid Hotel Group
- Front Office
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- # of Openings
- Requisition ID
Nestled into Perimeter Summit and surrounded by ultra-chic neighborhoods like Buckhead and Brookhaven, Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina, a lavish urban hotel with the comfort and sophistication of a resort, with 182 guest rooms and over 13,000 square feet of meeting space is one of the newest hotels to join the PHG Family. Find out today what a career at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina with Pyramid Hotel Group can mean for you!
We are looking for a friendly, motivated Front Office Supervisor to join and help lead our team of hospitality professionals in a beautiful, 4-diamond hotel!
The Front Desk Supervisor provides guidance and leadership as the lead Front Office Hosts ensuring consistent quality customer service is delivered.
The Front Desk Supervisor will:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Monitor lobby traffic and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Promptly complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from the Property Management System (PMS), confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate.
- Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate.
- Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers checks and other forms of payment.
- Perform accurate moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator.
- Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer and Property Management System (PMS).
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English language.
- Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest.
- Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for hotel guests as requested.
- Be knowledgeable of hotel Emergency Procedures and follow all procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Be knowledgeable of all Key Control, Safety and Security procedures; follow procedures at all times and ensure Front Office Hosts do the same.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for Front Office Staff and other employees.
- Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and the most effective solutions.
- Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situation.
- Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
- Other attendance and duties in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Pyramid Hotel Group from time to time, is essential to the successful performance
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using another combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Basic mathematical skills required. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform behind the front desk.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
- This position requires standing for long periods of time (8 hour shift), moving and walking throughout the hotel and lobby.
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma required. Some College preferred.
Experience: Two years combined prior front desk and supervisory experience preferred in a full-service, upscale hotel environment.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance.
Hours: The hotel functions seven (7) days a week and twenty-four (24) hours per day. All employees, both management and hourly, must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move an employee from their accustomed shift as business demands.