Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
- Location : Company Name
- Pyramid Hotel Group
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- # of Openings
- Requisition ID
Nestled into Perimeter Summit and surrounded by ultra-chic neighborhoods like Buckhead and Brookhaven, Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina, a lavish urban hotel with the comfort and sophistication of a resort, with 182 guest rooms and over 13,000 square feet of meeting space is one of the newest hotels to join the PHG Family. Find out today what a career at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina with Pyramid Hotel Group can mean for you!
Purpose and Performance Goals: The purpose of this job is to perform the duties of Lead Cook in accordance with the company’s standards for safe and satisfactory performance.
Job Description: To provide the most professional service available to the guest through good, prompt and courteous service. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Display a passion for food and cooking and be self-motivated
- Maintain and ensure utmost safety, sanitation, and presentable cleanliness of your station, work area, and equipment used for preparation, including walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Know the standardized recipes and monitor line and prep cooks to ensure that they follow the standardized recipes.
- Execute the set up and breakdown of the cooking line or leave detailed instructions for cooks and stewards who will be doing so.
- Assist in sorting all deliveries including unpacking and rotating product.
- Cook on the line, adhering to targeted ticket times.
- Assist in any area needed when time allows.
- Inform Manager immediately of safety issues or equipment failure.
- Inform Manager immediately of food quality issues or food spoilage.
- Show respect and courtesy to all fellow associates.
- Train and develop line cooks and prep cooks at your station, while leading by example for other station cooks as well.
- Conduct at least 1 team briefing per week discussing the menu and prep lists for the following week.
- Respond to all comments and complaints in a positive manner and alert the Chef de Cuisine when necessary.
- Exhibit a “can do” attitude and total cooperation.
- Performs any reasonable request of management.
- Wears and maintains proper uniform including thermometer.
- All other duties requested by management team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversee Line Cook, Prep Cook and Stewarding responsibilities during the shift.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Experience in basic line cooking, proper food handling, reheating/cooling in accordance with Environmental Health Dept. guidelines, proper food storage including covering, labeling, and dating, making soups, stocks, and sauces. Must have excellent organizational skills, effectively utilize company supplied tools and smallwares. Understand and follow procedures regarding knives and other sharp objects. Experienced and organized in line set up. Able to assist in menu planning. Communicates effectively with all other staff. Open to learning new methods of cooking and understands basic knowledge of food sanitation.
Language, Mathematical, and Reasoning Skills: Must be able to communicate clearly with guests, customers, supervisor and fellow employees. Must be able to make appropriate judgments regarding the division of cooking responsibilities for the Team.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Food Handling Certification preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Candidate must be able to lift/push/pull up to 80 lbs, and be able to work long hours/split shifts and be able to handle stressful conditions. Frequently required to walk and stand for long periods of time. Requires ability to reach, grab, and feel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours: Due to the seasonal nature of the hospitality industry, and the fact that the hotel provides guest services 18 hours a day or more, 7 days a week, any employee may be required to work rotating shifts, night shifts, and/or overtime. Also, depending on the season, hours may be reduced at any time.
Safety: Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with all Pyramid Hotel Group Safety rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. The safety of our team members and the guests of this hotel is one of Pyramid’s top priorities. Keeping a safe working environment is the responsibility of each and every person here at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina. In addition, if you see a safety violation, it is your responsibility to report it immediately to your direct manager for correction. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to Corrective Counseling, up to and including termination of employment.
Acknowledgement of Job Description
I have read this job description. I understand that it in no way states or imply that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. My responsibilities also include anything additional requested by my manager or supervisor as long as it is business related and is legal and ethical. I also understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. This document is provided as a tool for guidance in the position of Lead Cook.