Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer III - Java
Leveraging deep integrations into retailers’ point-of-sale systems, InComm provides connectivity to a variety of service providers that allow consumers to conduct everyday business at more than 450,000 points of retail distribution worldwide. Whether those consumers are activating prepaid products, paying bills, enjoying real-time discounts through a membership card, purchasing digital goods in-store or adding funds to an online account, InComm is there to provide unique gift-gifting opportunities, cater to on-the-go shoppers, deliver added value through loyalty programs and serve cash-based consumers. With 186 global patents, InComm is headquartered in Atlanta with a presence in over 30 countries in North and South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. Learn more at www.incomm.com or connect with us on www.twitter.com/incomm, www.facebook.com/incomm, www.linkedin.com/company/incomm or www.incomm.com/blog.
About This Opportunity
Support new and continued development of Closedloop Platform. Develop, build, deploy and configure applications
• Technical design and analysis of business use cases in preparation for development.
• Work well in Agile or Lean Software Development Life Cycle.
• Follow InComm standards and best practices, for logging, code review
• Manage and maintain lower environments (QA, UAT, Staging)
• Support production deployments
• Assist with production support, on-call schedule for DEV resources.
• Automate processes through SDLC to permit speed of delivery
• Ensure appropriate monitoring and alerting is in place prior to production deployments.
• Technical design and analysis of business use cases in preparation for development
• Able to quickly adjust and support changing priorities per business needs.
• Provide unit testing to ensure quality of builds in a continuous integration environment.
• Engage in production deployment co-ordination and verification
• Create documentation on the existing system and maintain documentation which includes current state of system flow, sequence diagrams, architecture diagrams, runbooks
• Participate in the full lifecycle of projects, including effective use of version control, build management, unit testing, and issue tracking software
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Problem solving skills and the ability to work with innovative solutions
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess complex situations and understand key issues quickly
• Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions while keeping management informed
• Work effectively in a team environment to produce good quality and timely results
• Able to work under tight deadlines while providing high-quality work
• Parse, analyze and understand system log files
• Customer Service orientation with the ability to effectively interact with users of all levels
• Able to proactively address system issues that have potential impact for the corporation
• Strong research, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
• Check and verify the applications are running and functioning properly after system updates
• Migration of platforms and application components.
• Support after-hours coverage/escalation & support on-call rotation
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experienc
• Expertise of Object Oriented Programming and Design principles
• Experience with the full lifecycle of software development including use of version control tools, build management, unit testing, issue tracking software (e.g. SVN, Maven, Microsoft Visual Studio, JIRA)
• Excellent organizational skills, self-administration, attention to detail, multi-tasking, and effective prioritization
• Required Experience with most of the technologies listed below –
o Java 1.8
o Agine with test driven development practices
o Spring (data, boot, security, batch and actuator)
o In memory caching like Hazelcast
o Oracle 12c
o XML, JSON
o Hibernate, Hibernate/JPA
o REST Services
o API Management frameworks
o General SQL/Database experience, MS-SQL, Oracle
o Jenkins, Sonar
o JIRA & Confluence
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess complex systems and situations and troubleshoot issues
• Problem solving skills, critical thinking and strong decision-making skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal interactions (ability to foster a cooperative work environment)
• Experience in managing multiple assignments
• Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
• Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
• Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience supporting internal and external customers.
• Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments.
InComm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, citizenship, veteran’s status, age, disability status, genetics or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
*This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Bonus Program - Tier 4