Industrial Mechanical Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer - Mechanical / Structural
at Industrial Mechanical Inc
|Title:||Engineer - Mechanical / Structural|
ROLE: Engineer – Mechanical / Structural
REPORTING: Engineering Manager
GENERAL PURPOSEIncumbent will utilize CAD software to create mechanical and structural designs that enable fabricators to construct Industrial and Commercial projects. The role also requires preparation of detail drawings for client approval while assisting project managers, estimators, fabricators, and erectors to accurately create mechanical systems and structures.
- Utilize CAD software to prepare detail designs of mechanical systems and structural assemblies.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators to offer a better value.
- Create bills of materials to accurately estimate cost.
- Work closely on developing construction plans with clients, architects, engineers, and other professionals as necessary.
- Coordinate projects with sales and production departments.
- Check drawings of other draftsmen to minimize risk of error.
- Provide timely responses to inquiries from purchasing, production, and installation teams.
- A minimum of two years mechanical design and/or structural detailing experience required. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or technical school specializing in mechanical or structural design. Candidates must have recent experience with both Solid Works and AutoCAD.
Note: Education requirement can be waived for internal candidates who have proven successful as a Detailer and possess the desire and ability to perform role.
- Minimum of two years of structural, mechanical or civil engineering experience required.
- Excellent CAD skills and proficiency using other software designed for use in detailing, such as SolidWorks.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Initiative with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding ability to read and understand construction specifications and drawings.
- Good understanding of both fabrication and installation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with project manager, architects, engineers, and owners.
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle, or manipulate objects
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other objects
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Eye-hand coordination
- Good physical fitness
- Good sense of balance
BUSINESS & BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
- Team Oriented and Interpersonal Skills – Has the ability to work effectively with other company employees or external groups to achieve required objectives and goals.
- Leadership – Has strong personal accountability to achieve goals and develops this accountability in others by giving candid and constructive feedback.
- Initiative – Has the ability to identify key issues, develop a workable solution from data and working with others, sells his/her solution and implements the solution.
- Credibility – Does not blame others and takes responsibility for his/her own mistakes. Respects confidential information and concerns shared by others. Finishes work and reports on time and effectively utilizes data to support positions.
- Continuous Improvement – Has a high level of self-management and motivation to continuously improve the process, people, equipment, raw materials and self. Can adapt and transfer new methods and ideas to situations to maximize positive results.
- Communication – Presents ideas/facts clearly and concisely in oral and written formats. Listens well and asks the right questions.
- Results Oriented – Has demonstrated the ability to deliver on key success areas of business plan or project. Takes corrective action, anticipates issues and sets contingency plans.
- Analytical Problem Solving – Can determine what data is relevant; recognizes inconsistencies and draws inferences from data to develop solutions and options.
- Safety First Attitude - Construction Workers perform physically demanding work including lifting and carrying heavy objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at great heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. Some workers may be exposed to lead- based paint, asbestos, or other hazardous substances during their work especially when working in confined spaces. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing. While working in underground construction. Construction Workers must be especially alert to safely follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards.