Integrity Aerospace Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Integrity Aerospace Group
- Internal Title
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients’ assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
- The main function of the Assistant is to learn all aspect of inspection services from the Technician. This will include using, supplying, and/or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment. Following established methods of inspection and procedures to determine product compliance in learning different NDT methods and techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Technician in project execution and daily tasks assigned as required.
- Assist Technicians with organizing and reporting of service provided.
- Prepare, set-up, and complete all necessary paperwork as required by client and company requirements.
- Set-up boundaries and surveillance of work area, if required, and prevent unauthorized personnel from entering work area.
- Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
- Responsible for replenishing and organizing the required supplies, as needed, to perform assign methods.
Responsible for cleanliness of all work areas.
- Observes test procedures and product compliance to learn internal and industry specifications.
- Observe and learn the procedures required to perform work and gain certification in the required NDT methods.
- Observe and learn proper documentation process required for NDT testing.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude toward internally and externally.
- Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy.
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
- Not Applicable
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to read technical documents, preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite of products, preferred.
- Basic knowledge and understanding inspection technology, preferred.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
- Maintains a positive “can do” outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
- Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to customers and colleagues effectively.
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- This is an entry level position with minimum or no experience required.
- Experience in NDT industry is highly desirable.
- 40 hour RAD safety is a plus.
Certificates and Licenses Required
- Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
Physical Activities and Requirements
- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- The ability to bend stretches, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a proble
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry object
- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine/equipment or a vehicle to exact position
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understan The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objec
- The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
- The ability to judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from you, or to judge the distance between you and an object.
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
- Balancing: Maintaining the body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount and kind of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine
- Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
- Dexterity: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handlin
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- In compliance with American with Disabilities Act (ADA), Applus+ will make reasonable accommodations that are appropriate and consistent within our legal obligations.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions in temperature extremes and inclement weather. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials and working environment
- May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces
- The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud when working on project site.
- Overtime required during the week and weekend with work volume
- Ability to travel when required, nationally, up to 50% of the time.