JM Family Enterprises, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at JM Family Enterprises, inc.
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Family
Southeast Toyota Distributors is the world’s largest independent distributor of Toyotas. The company was established in 1968 when Jim Moran partnered with Toyota Motor Sales to help expand the automaker’s presence in the U.S. market. Today, Southeast Toyota distributes vehicles, parts and accessories to more than 175 independent Toyota dealerships in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. The company helps its dealers sell nearly 20 percent of all Toyotas in the nation through innovative sales and marketing programs, customer service, accessory development, fleet sales, and transportation and logistics.
Our auto-transport company Southeast Transportation Systems, Inc. (STS) was established in July 2000 to better serve our dealers. Once vehicles are processed, getting them to dealers' lots and showrooms in perfect condition becomes a top priority. In 2008, a 21,500-square-foot facility was built at Westlake to accommodate STS’s growth and fleet maintenance requirements. The company transported 204,211 vehicles in 2018 to Southeast Toyota dealers from its Jacksonville, FL and Commerce, GA processing centers. STS operates a fleet of more than 102 trucks; each truck is capable of hauling upwards of 200 vehicles each month to dealers across the Southeast, many with innovative technology to minimize emissions, with plans for future expansion.
Our Auto Transport Drivers will be responsible for the following:
- Receive load and route information in order to deliver vehicles in a timely and damage-free condition.
- Maintain electronic logs relating to driving hours, vehicle inspections, etc. in accordance with applicable state and federal DOT requirements.
- Complete pre- and post-trip inspections and other paperwork and processes as required.
- Maintain assigned vehicle and uniform in a manner that projects the highest standards of the company while performing job functions.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Valid CDL A endorsement with minimum of three years verifiable commercial driving experience without a suspension, revocation, or any loss of driving privileges.
- Must have a minimum of one year prior experience hauling vehicles. Ten years verifiable employment history preferred.
- Ability to pass and continue to meet requirements regarding DOT drug screen & physical examinations as required by Federal law.
- Ability to pass the identified road test.
- Demonstrated conscientiousness to follow company policies as well as state and Federal regulations.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Excellent communication skills when working with internal and external contacts (i.e. associates, dealership personnel, etc.).