Johnson Matthey Pharma Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Johnson Matthey Pharma Services
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Repair and maintain mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment such as pneumatic systems, rotary valves, agitators, gear drives, pumps, motors and lubrication.
- Knows, and observes all Standard Operating Procedures, safety procedures and rules, and environmental practices.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, and/or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts on equipment.
- Realigns and adjusts components such as pumps, motors, drive couplings.
- Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes and measures, cuts, threads, and install new pipe.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Performs maintenance to include but not limited to dismantle, inspection, repair and replace functional parts.
- Cleans up area at the completion of maintenance and repair.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Are you the ideal candidate?
Education equivalent to:
- High School diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 2 years experience in an industrial maintenance position
Job related work experience skills/knowledge requirements:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work with a team to accomplish tasks/goals in a timely manner
- Time management skills, with ability to achieve tasks/goals in a timely manner
- Ability to use various Hand/Power Tools