Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Legal, Sr. Corporate Counsel
at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia, Inc.
Provide in-house advice and counsel on all aspects of Labor and Employment law and the following additional practice areas: litigation, contracts, environmental health and safety, human resources, ERISA, worker’s compensation, corporate compliance, labor/team member relations and commercial law. This position supports the company’s business initiatives by working closely with KMMG’s General Counsel.
ESSENTIAL PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to accountabilities below):
Act as legal counsel for the company, providing legal and business advice to members of the management team on various issues.
Respond to administrative agency investigations, complaints and proceedings.
Manage outside counsel with respect to assigned litigation.
Negotiate, draft, and/or review contracts.
Perform legal research.
Monitor changes in applicable federal, state, or local law.
Develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures designed to ensure legal compliance.
Develop and present training to employees and suppliers on Labor and Employment topics.
Respond to demand letters, subpoenas, and other external communications.
The above typical duties are characteristic of this job and demonstrate a level of difficulty and are not intended to list or limit the duties that may be required or assigned to a team member in this classification.
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Competencies):
- Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA Accredited Law School and seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience, with significant experience in the area of Labor and Employment Law and with a varied substantive background and a flexible willingness to learn new areas of the law.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a related area in a leadership or supervisory role.
- A combination of large law firm and in-house experience preferred. Automobile industry and/or manufacturing plant experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to simultaneously organize and manage numerous complex tasks.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in the area of automotive supplier contracts and litigation preferred.
- Excellent Academic Credentials (Top 20% of Law School Class Preferred).
- Member of Bar Association of any state required; Georgia Bar Association membership preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Mastery of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access.
- Experience with SAP system preferred.