Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at King's Hawaiian
Bakery Manufacturing, HF Reed Industrial Pkwy, Oakwood, GA
# of Openings:
Robert Taira founded King’s Hawaiian in Hilo Hawaii 64 years ago and, after capturing the lion’s share of the bakery business on the big island, moved the business to Honolulu in the 60’s. There, King’s Hawaiian became not only the largest bakery business and a successful restaurant, but also the largest customer in Hawaii of the US Postal Service due to the huge mail order business from stateside consumers who craved the Original Sweet Bread. To realize the next vision in his plan, Robert moved the business to Torrance, CA in the early 70’s where it resides today with two restaurants and two bakery plants including one of the most modern in the industry. King’s Hawaiian is continuing to grow and built a brand new bakery facility near Atlanta GA that went live in October 2011.
The company, which is still 100% family owned, is now led by Robert’s son Mark who serves as CEO and continues the family’s long time commitment to irresistible quality and behavioral values that make King’s Hawaiian a great place to work.
Mission Statement: We deliver irresistible Hawaiian foods and Aloha Spirit that families love everywhere everyday.
Core Values: Excellence / Dignity / Telling it like it is, in a way that can be heard
This position will require an individual who takes pride and ownership in his/her work and is willing to accept total responsibility for the performance of the machine operation on his/her shift. This individual must possess good mechanical skills and be able to demonstrate their ability to produce a quality product at levels that will allow the plant to meet or exceed its goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all assigned activities and job tasks within a line or area.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Takes corrective actions in solving problems to root cause level.
- Assess equipment operating reliability and perform routine repairs, adjustments and malfunction troubleshooting.
- Performs and/or works with Maintenance to complete equipment preventive maintenance.
- Maintains accurate records of QC checks, production numbers or waste performance.
- Performs all shift support documentation in a quality matter.
- Performs QC tasks such as metal checks, inspection of date codes, item numbers, waste logs, etc.
- Demonstrates high degree of ownership for product quality: Performs all standard quality checks & other quality related duties.
- Understands production schedules, production computer systems, work instructions and production inventories.
- Effectively uses production systems and data to support Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This individual must be Safety conscience. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma, or GED equivalent.
One to three years of food production experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English.
Ability to write routine quality assurance reports and correspondence in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear and lift up to 50 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Duties may require use of equipment in machine shop, small portable equipment and manual tools.
Duties may require occasional operation of a motor vehicle or travel to another state on behalf of the company.
3+ years of manufacturing experience operating a variety of machines or a technical and/or trade discipline
- Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email
- Knowledge of inventory control principles
This position is scheduled to work on a shift basis.
May be scheduled to work all shifts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Back up: Production Manager