Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at King's Hawaiian
Bakery Manufacturing, HF Reed Industrial Pkwy, Oakwood, GA
# of Openings:
To supervise and coordinate activities of production and packaging workers while maintaining King’s Hawaiian Safety and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects products and materials to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustment of machines
- Leads continuous improvement projects and coaches team on improvement strategies. Audits continuous improvement activities for effectiveness and sustainability.
- Uses data to recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Meets or exceeds the product quality standards set forth by King’s Hawaiian Management.
- Supervises, trains, and mentors direct reports.Meets regularly to set goals, provide feedback, and monitor progress. Builds and maintains a team of focused and engaged employees
- Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and complying with safety, coaching and monitoring direct reports for safety compliance, procedures and reporting all accidents in a timely manner.
- Executes the Productions Managers work instructions.
- Promotes our company values of “Dignity, Excellence, and Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard” through your actions and by educating the staff about our values. Manages with “Aloha Spirit”
- Ensures that policies, procedures and systems are in place to ensure continuous operations, proactive maintenance and timely problem resolution.
- Ensures shift data and records are accurate and up to date.Verifies information input into company software is accurate and complete
- Manages labor both internal employees and temporary labor.Assist in hiring/interviewing process
Directly supervises 30 or more employees per shift in the production and packing processes. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for succession planning within the department, and developing the skills and experience in the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This individual must be safety conscience. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Minimum of t wo years manufacturing supervisory experience with a bachelor’s degree
Food Experience Preferred
Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
Basic skill in Microsoft Suite.
Key Leadership Competencies in addition to Ethics / Values and Integrity / Trust, (Action Oriented, Directing Others, Priority Setting, Decision Quality, Organizing, Process Management).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspond in English. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees. Spanish comprehension is a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Will maintain CPR and AED certification (Company will provide periodic recertification training).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Duties may require use of equipment in machine shop, small portable equipment and manual tools. Duties may require occasional operation of a motor vehicle or travel to another state on behalf of the company.
This position is scheduled to work on a shift basis. May also be scheduled to work all shifts. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually high.