Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Kodak is Hiring!
We are looking for a Buyer to join our Print Systems Division in Columbus, GA.
Kodak offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the revitalization of an iconic global company. We combine the strength of a brand that is recognized and beloved around the world with the excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We are stable, profitable, optimistic about the future and looking for professionals with energy, ideas and ambition to help us take next steps in completing our transformation. We’re building a culture which values creativity in all its forms, having a global perspective, a focus on sustainability, and the kind of trust that enables us to succeed by taking calculated risks. Kodak has a rich heritage of leadership and innovation, but is also, in many ways, still inventing itself. At this stage of our comeback, Kodak is truly a place where you can make a difference.
In this role, you will be responsible for purchasing commodity products as assigned, chemicals, packaging, equipment supplies, and components required for manufacturing. The buyer is responsible for all aspects of daily order management and is able to solve complex problems with innovation and ingenuity. Supports the Purchasing Manager or relevant Commodity Manager and assists in resolution of pricing and product issues. Support manufacturing operations to meet the needs of production schedule. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and prioritizing workload, committing Kodak financial resources, and using considerable judgment in complex situations.
Job Responsibilities to include:
- Key owner of the supplier relationship. In conjunction with Purchasing Manager or relevant Commodity Manager, owns and resolves the daily tactical supply chain issues such as backorder resolution, open order expediting, lead time management, supplier production issues, etc.
- Serves as liaison between Kodak and Suppliers, maintains positive vendor relationships, plans and inputs to the negotiation of beneficial supplier agreements on behalf of the company. Assists in setting vendor costs based on appropriate MOQs; evaluate history of sales, etc and negotiate cost and MOQ. Ensure proper setup of SAP master data.
- Assist in sourcing new vendors, as needed.
- Provides input back from the vendor to keep master data current including discontinuations, vendor part number, pricing and purchase minimums.
- Work SAP signals in a timely manner - purchase requisitions conversion to order.
- Expedites, cancels /defers and ensures system generated and manual purchase orders are aligned to support manufacturing schedule need dates.
- Evaluates suppliers based on capability, performance and delivery.
- Generates monthly supplier delivery & quality reports in compliance with ISO 9001:2008
- Works with suppliers to improve cost, quality, delivery dates and lead time.
- Collaborates with the appropriate functional teams to assist in the resolution of issues such as: damage claims, rejections, losses, returns, over shipments, cancellations, and discontinuations.
- May travel locally, as needed, to visit vendors; or conduct in-house meetings to discuss business improvements.
- Works with Accounts Payable to resolve discrepancies between SAP purchase orders and vendor invoices
- Works with peers to manage purchasing standard operating procedures and create new documents when needed.
- Embraces innovation. Stays alert to opportunities to make processes better and contributes innovative ideas for improvement. May lead process improvement projects. Adapt quickly to change.
- BS degree in Business, or equivalent experience required; MBA a plus
- At least 2-5 years of experience working in a procurement capacity in a manufacturing environment
- ERP systems experience, SAP currently utilized and would be a plus
- APICS/CPIM certification desirable but not required
- Proficient in MS office suite (Excel, Access, Word), Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Focus oriented with attention to detail
- Solid negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently without direct oversight
- Continual learning focus with demonstrated initiative to acquire new knowledge and experiences. Takes accountability for one's own continuing development.
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
Procurement / Purchasing
Minimum Education Level
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
USA - GA - Columbus
EOE Policy Statement
Kodak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are free to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected classes. Read our EOE Policy Statement.
Employment Sponsorship Notification
Any candidate/applicant requiring sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status will not be considered for this position. Kodak as an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage you to look for jobs where sponsorship will be provided.