Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Landis+Gyr Inc
Landis+Gyr is the global industry leader in total metering solutions for electricity, gas, heat/cold, and water for energy measurement solutions for utilities. Focused on quality, reliability, and innovation, we offer a complete portfolio of energy meters and integrated smart metering solutions. This enables utilities and end-users the ability to make better use of scarce resources, save operating costs, and protect the environment by managing energy better. With an installed base of over 300 million electricity meters, Landis+Gyr is the premier global advanced metering solutions provider. At Landis+Gyr, we imagine bold new ways for the world to manage energy better!
You can see it! More challenging work. A more interesting work environment. The opportunity to use your finely honed skills to make a real difference. If this is what you see for yourself, you need to talk to Landis+Gyr.
Through our reach and resources, Landis+Gry brings you career options you couldn’t find anywhere else.
Landis+Gyr is seeking qualified candidates for a Network Engineer II position. This position is responsible for implementation, maintenance, and operational support of customer facing and internal data networks, network security, WAN connectivity.
In this role, the Network Engineer will:
- Maintain firewalls to ensure proper security controls are in place
- Support network utilized to deliver hosted services to customers
- Daily operational support for internal and customer networks
- Interface and manage vendor interactions for hardware and services provided.
- Work with providers/telcos for services and escalation of issues.
- Utilize and support network tools to manage environment
- Expertise of IP subnetting and the OSI model.
- Experience with Cisco devices, specifically Cisco routers & switches and Cisco ASA and Firepower firewalls.
- Understanding of firewall security policies involving objects, rules, NATs, inspection policies, etc.
- Experience with F5 load balancers
- Strong attention to detail along with sharp analytical skills to identify problems at the network, systems and application layers.
- Must be customer-service-minded and tactful when dealing with customers. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, vendors, coworkers, employees and upper management.
- Scripting skills a plus (Perl, Python, TCL, or a combination of languages).
- 4-6 years of experience in IT Networking.
- 4+ years’ experience working in or with Information Technology
- BA or equivalent knowledge / training
- CCNP/CCIE network certification preferred along with experience with data protocols, standards, addressing, routing, switching and data security.
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability