Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Administrator I
at Landis+Gyr Inc
Responsible for support and administration of corporate IT Infrastructure systems located in North America. This position requires good oral and written communication skills to interface directly with corporate customers and manage IT projects. Requires the ability to understand customer business requirements and provide solutions that meet those requirements.
- Responsible for day to day administration of technical security controls, patching and updates of operation systems and applications.
- Performing daily system administration tasks to ensure maximum system performances and availability. - Performing installation, maintenance and tuning of server operating systems and management of user accounts.
- Perform daily VMware systems administration; creation of new servers, migrating of servers to new hosts, growth of system resources, decommissioning of servers, etc.
- Monitor system performance, logs, and disk space.
- Respond to alerts and notifications for systems from Solarwinds monitoring tool
- Maintain OS patching for critical and non-critical servers.
- Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft OS issues.
- Perform periodic hardware and software system maintenance.
- Perform maintenance and support for Microsoft Active Directory
- Maintain and support DFS and file services
- Maintain and support print services
- Design, code, and maintain Powershell scripts.
- Perform basic layer 2/3 troubleshooting
- Manage and support new technologies as adopted by the business
- Manage tape backups
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule for off-hours support of Windows platforms.
- Represent Company in a positive, professional manner when working with both external and internal customers.
- Support and adhere to Company's Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of networking and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2012R2 and/or 2016 Server
- Knowledge of VMWare 6.7
- Basic knowledge and troubleshooting local network issues
- Personal Computer knowledge
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Keyboard/typing skills
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience with Microsoft operating systems with heavy emphasis on Windows 2012R2 and/or 2016 Server
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- Any network certifications a plus
- VMWare certifications a plus
- Advanced level of technical experience and the ability to understand overall system architecture and design, the interactions of software, hardware and user activity to be able to troubleshoot problems across all subsystems
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability