Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President, Retail Development
at Learfield Sports
- Req No.
- Location Name
- Learfield IMG College
CLC is the Licensing division of Learfield IMG College focused on licensing administration, brand protection, trademark infringement, etc. (CLC.com)
An industry leader for more than four decades, Learfield IMG College has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for nearly 250 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic departments at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield IMG College Directors’ Cup.
Learfield IMG College also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; branding, licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others."
The CLC Vice President of Retail Development must have a proven track record as a Divisional Merchandise Manager or equivalent position at a leading retailer in the sports licensed retail space. In addition, the successful candidate will have a strong ecommerce background and experience driving sales via omnichannel marketing campaigns. The candidate will focus on driving retail growth for collegiate merchandise via data insights, ecommerce, digital and experiential marketing.
• Develop and cultivate top-to-top relationships with all major collegiate retailers as well as relationships with licensed buyers
• Use CLC’s Insights platform to simplify and unlock value for partner institutions and retailers via detailed product category analysis
• Utilize Retail Mapping portal to identify best retailers and locations for partner growth
• Leverage and implement macro (national and regional) collegiate retail marketing programs that increase the amount of collegiate merchandise sold generally, and CLC institution merchandise specifically. Oversee the sell-in and sell through process of these programs
• Work closely with the Apparel and Non-Apparel Divisions to ensure close working relationships with the key licensees
• Partner to develop strategic plans with licensees and retailers to impact the retail market for CLC member institution merchandise
• Collaborate with Partnerships team to develop and execute customized retail growth strategies for key partner institutions
• Establish and maintain retail marketing calendar to ensure timely delivery of marketing content to ensure retail and ecommerce execution
• Collect and analyze retailer sales feedback and data to determine ROI on marketing campaigns
• Oversee the day to day communication with major retail buyers and other retail marketing/support staff
• Travel to retailer buying offices (regional and national), trade shows, and industry events to carry out job functions
• Work with New Business team on determining strategic direction and plan for new retailers entering the collegiate market
• Oversee the coordination of all retail-related trade show meetings; assist with overall trade show strategic planning
• Manage the Retail Development Staff
• Other duties as assigned
• 10+ years’ demonstrated success in retail buying role with 2 or more years in a Divisional Merchandise Manager role or higher
• 4 year college degree
• Up to 25% travel required
• Experience with Omnichannel merchandising and marketing
• Demonstrated proven track record in effectively managing a team
• Demonstrated success in developing strategic programs and engaging large prospects
• Excellent communication, client service, and project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines